1. The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TCUdirtbag, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Yes, thanks. I walked around campus but pictures I took are same as these. For the first time in a long time you can’t get in the stadium. Well, the construction entrance on the north side was open but I didn’t take the opportunity after getting kicked off the intramural fields last night.

frogs9497 likes this.
  3. #1363 frogs9497, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:52 PM
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 10:57 PM
    Not my dog. Guess that’s why they closed the gates. Way to go Peace.

Sweat Equity likes this.
  4. Will someone with $$$ plz donate to re-facade the basketball practice facility

Boomhauer, YA and Portland Frog like this.
  5. I did not poop on the field. Let’s be clear about this.

Purp, Boomhauer and frogs9497 like this.
  6. On the list. After baseball.

Was [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty to begin with, IMO. Especially as it is the "door step" to walking into AGCS.

YA likes this.
  7. It's amazing that the new East Side facade still has unfinished sections after all this time. It is no big deal, but damn, this construction company has taken forever to fully complete this project.

8. Photos succeed where verbal descriptions fall short. Appreciate your endeavor.

Portland Frog likes this.
  9. It could well be that the facades will be the last thing to go up.

10. After having incurred a monumental delay of an entire year it would be difficult to believe that

stern penalties would not be imposed upon this contractor. Certainly, in construction weather

is an eternal factor. However, only a weather event tantamount to the magnitude of Noah's flood

could be construed as reasonable in this case. IMHO

11. It wasn't just the weather. There were some engineering logistical nightmares that were uncovered, among other things.

ShadowFrog likes this.
  12. The unknown is always a factor and can be a reasonable causation for such a setback. Thanks

13. What were these? (Asking out of sheer curiosity, having heard nothing about it...)

14. Interesting...especially re the engineering issues. Do you have any insights into the types of contracts in play on this project? Cost plus incentive? Fixed price plus incentive? Fixed price plus adjustable economic incentive? Other? Or...if you know where this may be published in minutes or something, I'll try to find it. These types of things fascinate me because so much of the project is determined before the project digs the first hole.

15. [​IMG]

Sweat Equity and Pharm Frog like this.
  16. Wanna share?

17. So maybe those shady seats under the overhang might not have been the best choice?

Boomhauer, Salfrog and Eight like this.
  18. No insights. I will ask next time. I tour it every few weeks or so. TCU didn't seem too concerned. Annoyed but not irate (to me at least - could be another story behind the scenes). Seems to be a "take your time and get it right" kind of mentality. Certainly not like Schollmaier. Del Conte was ripping heads off, reclaiming $ and dropping F-bombs errday.

19. I think the attitude difference you describe may be either different styles OR a reflection of what contracts are in play (or both).

20. Likely so.