• The KillerFrogs

TCU Administration, MWC are sure to blow it.

Scarface

No way do you adopt Boise State into the MWC.

The only reason players go to that school is because BSU is a long time Junior College which recently expanded to include four year programs. Its much like TCC. Easier classes spell easy grades. They also cater to players with learning disabilities, which is honorable, but clearly suspect.

The day I see the TCU Horned Frogs run out on that ridiculous blue field for a conference game is the day I will understand a little better the full consequences of the SWC break up.

The Broncos are the Ted Kennedy of college football.

What happens when their football program cycles downward, then what do you have? That is when it becomes increasingly important for a university to have recognition. Boise State has none.

Look ahead a little bit.

NegativeNancy

QUOTE(Scarface @ Jun 2 2010, 11:19 AM) [snapback]567160[/snapback]

The only reason players go to that school is because BSU is a long time Junior College which recently expanded to include four year programs. Its much like TCC. Easier classes spell easy grades. They also cater to players with learning disabilities, which is honorable, but clearly suspect.

The day I see the TCU Horned Frogs run out on that ridiculous blue field for a conference game is the day I will understand a little better the full consequences of the SWC break up.

What happens when their football program cycles downward, then what do you have? That is when it becomes increasingly important for a university to have recognition. Boise State has none.

Look ahead a little bit.

So they are good for football and could run the country better than Obama?

Interesting....

I have my reservations about Boise, but they've been really good for over a decade now and through 3 coaching changes. They may not be this good forever (neither will we) but there is very little indication they're going in the crapper any time soon ...

D

Daniel Plainview

What happens when their football program cycles downward, then what do you have?

My answer to your question would be an automatic Bid to a BCS bowl and Millions upon Millions of more dollars. we would have greater recognition. More prestige and better recruiting to help push our team further along.

and can I ask the Members here. Who TRULY cares about Boise States academics? I mean, does it have any affect on TCU? is TCU going to suffer from the poor academic standards of another school?

PurplePutt

Look ahead a little bit.

I don't like blue fields but I do like Sarah. Don't think she should be president but at least she is a real person who took up the fight, unlike 99.99% of politicians who are on the take and in it for themselves.

I am impressed with what BSU has done with a much harder recruiting road than TCU has had. Their prominence in football might just be what it takes to make them a first rate university. TCU's football program sure has been a positive factor in making it a better university.

Nick Danger

I think there should be a Universal law that it is strictly forbidden to refer to any male over 40 years old as "Dude" :dry:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Nick Danger @ Jun 2 2010, 11:39 AM) [snapback]567177[/snapback]
I think there should be a Universal law that it is strictly forbidden to refer to any male over 40 years old as "Dude" :dry:

Is he then "chief?"

Burner1

Tier 1
I have some hope, just a little maybe, that if TCU adds Boise State to the conference schedule each year we will drop the Stephen F. Austins and Tennessee Techs to make room. I'd look forward to playing the Broncos every year.

713frog

1.) all politicians, democrats or republicans, are morons

2.) adding boise right now is the safest thing the MWC can do at the moment to offset the potential departures of utah and tcu

3.) they have a blue turf, we have a loud [Deleted] frog horn, CU has a freaking buffalo run onto the field...every school has traditions that separate itself from other schools.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Nick Danger @ Jun 2 2010, 11:39 AM) [snapback]567177[/snapback]

Age is just like, a number man.... Jeff Bridges was almost 50 years old when portraying Jeffrey Lebowski

Limey Frog

No way do you adopt Boise State into the MWC...

What happens when their football program cycles downward, then what do you have?..

Look ahead a little bit.

Since 1987 no Boise coach who stayed at the school longer than a single year has done worse than .600 on his career. Only one has done so since they started playing in 1968. Boise has had eight head coaches besides the one-and-done eras of Houston Nutt and Tom Mason. All eight of those tenures can be ranked a success. If a school succeeds under a coach it could be the coach. If they succeed under multiple coaches its the school.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/wa...ing_records.php

Boise football isn't going anywhere.

Furthermore, the MWC meetings aren't the only ones going on this weekend. The Pac-10 is meeting, too, and the Cal AD is on record as very much anticipating a decision that will "revolutionize" the CFB landscape. http://cal.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1089778

There are several things that could mean:
Either

1. The announcement of steps toward a Pac-10 network [which would hardly rank as revolutionary on account of the fact that two conferences already have one of their own].

2. An announcement of some kind of joint contracting agreement with the Big 12 which would obviously mean no expansion as the Pac would then be in bed with the 12 rather than pinching its members. [This is also unlikely as it would require some kind of commitment from a conference with several members hoping they'll soon be leaving.]

3. An invite to Texas and TAMU. [Seems unlikely they'll go anywhere until the Big 10 makes its move.]

4. An invitation to Utah and Colorado. [What I suspect is on the cards.]

While inviting Utah and Colorado is hardly a "revolution" in and of itself, the move would create a championship game and absolutely guarantee that the Big 10 does the same. It would essentially start the musical chairs for real.

In light of what will likely start unfolding soon, adding Boise makes all the sense in the world. In Football [if only in football] the program is no worse than equal to Utah and in my opinion better. Adding Boise either keeps the MWC at 9 with 3 top 25 programs or moves us to 10 with 4. Either way, it solidifies the conference.

Don't worry about the MWC. Worry about TCU accepting an invite from the Big 12 only to arrive and find that the hot girls have already left the party.

[Mr. Del Conte, if you're reading this, please do not accept any phone calls from Dan Beebe. Please.]

713frog

QUOTE(Limey Frog @ Jun 2 2010, 12:04 PM) [snapback]567189[/snapback]
Don't worry about the MWC. Worry about TCU accepting an invite from the Big 12 only to arrive and find that the hot girls have already left the party.

pretty girls or ugly girls...at least we'll have AQ status

gdu

QUOTE(Burner1 @ Jun 2 2010, 04:49 PM) [snapback]567181[/snapback]
I have some hope, just a little maybe, that if TCU adds Boise State to the conference schedule each year we will drop the Stephen F. Austins and Tennessee Techs to make room. I'd look forward to playing the Broncos every year.

Sorry, not gonna happen. Having Boise as the 9th conference game, makes the tune-up vs. a terrible team all the more nesc. CGP wants that game, so it's gonna stay. If anything, I think it would put the SMU game every year in jeopardy. Marquee match-up is still important for a multitude of reasons and playing Baylor, TTU, etc... are better for recruiting that SMU.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(The Main @ Jun 2 2010, 12:10 PM) [snapback]567194[/snapback]

A parallel could be drawn with how I feel at around 1:30 on many Friday/Saturday nights :wub:

JugbandFrog

QUOTE(The Main @ Jun 2 2010, 04:50 PM) [snapback]567183[/snapback]
1.) all politicians, democrats or republicans, are morons

1a) Sarah Palin is a moron with really great boobies, which puts her a little higher up in my book. Like most women, her voice is frikking annoying.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 2 2010, 12:13 PM) [snapback]567196[/snapback]
Sorry, not gonna happen. Having Boise as the 9th conference game, makes the tune-up vs. a terrible team all the more nesc. CGP wants that game, so it's gonna stay. If anything, I think it would put the SMU game every year in jeopardy. Marquee match-up is still important for a multitude of reasons and playing Baylor, TTU, etc... are better for recruiting that SMU.

Unless we stick with eight conference games. The nine-game schedule hasn't exactly gone over like gangbusters in the Pac-10.

Limey Frog

QUOTE(The Main @ Jun 2 2010, 12:10 PM) [snapback]567194[/snapback]

You don't know that. Imagine a doomsday scenario with Texas, Nebraska, TAMU, Oklahoma, Mizzou and Colorado all leaving the Big 12. The conference you're left with rebuilds back to 12 teams starting with a base of TTech, Baylor, Iowa State, Poklahoma State and the Kansas schools.

Yuk.

Not to mention the irritation of having to listen to UT Walmart fans tell us from now until eternity that we were only good enough for the conference they rejected.

A MWC with Boise, BYU, TCU and Utah will get AQ status if the Big 10 expands because that will kill either the BE of Big 12. I hope we stay put and trade on our own name.

Screw the Longwhorns.

gdu

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Jun 2 2010, 05:24 PM) [snapback]567202[/snapback]
Unless we stick with eight conference games. The nine-game schedule hasn't exactly gone over like gangbusters in the Pac-10.

If UU leaves, it won't matter.