• The KillerFrogs

TCU Administration, MWC are sure to blow it.

Frog DJ

QUOTE(Daniel Plainview @ Jun 2 2010, 02:22 PM) [snapback]567289[/snapback]
you just sounded like a down syndrome child the first go around.

Shame on you!

JimSwinkLives!

QUOTE(Daniel Plainview @ Jun 2 2010, 03:44 PM) [snapback]567344[/snapback]
I heard that the TCU football programs (the ones the Tri Delts hand out) are going to start including it along with the players highschool GPA's and SAT scores. It will also clarify wether or not the players have played in any professional league or not.

Is this in jest or are you serious that you actually heard that?

D

Daniel Plainview

QUOTE(JimSwinkLives! @ Jun 2 2010, 04:40 PM) [snapback]567367[/snapback]
Is this in jest or are you serious that you actually heard that?

I'm JK'ing

D

Daniel Plainview

QUOTE(Frog DJ @ Jun 2 2010, 04:32 PM) [snapback]567364[/snapback]
Shame on you!

many apologies if that offended you.

It was supposed to offend froginaustin because he's a mean ole retard.

NegativeNancy

QUOTE(Daniel Plainview @ Jun 2 2010, 05:03 PM) [snapback]567381[/snapback]
many apologies if that offended you.

It was supposed to offend froginaustin because he's a mean ole retard.

too far bra.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(Scarface @ Jun 2 2010, 11:19 AM) [snapback]567160[/snapback]
No way do you adopt Boise State into the MWC.

The only reason players go to that school is because BSU is a long time Junior College which recently expanded to include four year programs. Its much like TCC. Easier classes spell easy grades. They also cater to players with learning disabilities, which is honorable, but clearly suspect.

The day I see the TCU Horned Frogs run out on that ridiculous blue field for a conference game is the day I will understand a little better the full consequences of the SWC break up.

The Broncos are the Ted Kennedy of college football.

What happens when their football program cycles downward, then what do you have? That is when it becomes increasingly important for a university to have recognition. Boise State has none.

Look ahead a little bit.

I am not quite sure what to say about this one. They didn't just recently start as a four year program and in fact started in 1973. They have been successful with each move up the ladder, have a clean program and are a proven winner.

As for catering to players with learning disabilities, I have news for you. Every school does that to an extent including TCU. Mind you every player has to meet minimum NCAA entrance requirements so they can't be too learning disabled.

I am kind of reminded of South Florida who has only had a football program for about 15 years, has never enjoyed the success of Boise yet they are now in the Big East only for being in the right place at the right time. Boise has earned their way to national rankings and better conferences and at the moment hold the key for acceptance into the BCS for our conference.

And we want to deny them admittance because of a blue field? get real

Endless Purple

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 2 2010, 11:43 AM) [snapback]567179[/snapback]
Is he then "chief?"

no. "Chief" is what an old dude calls a little dude to make him think he is a big dude.

Endless Purple

In response to the earlier question... I don't care about Boise academics specifically. I do care about how the schools in the conference compare overall in values. If everyone has similar goals and values the conference will be much stronger for the long term. If some teams are just about next years athletic budget only, then it won't work. A long term stable conference is incredibly important to building rivalries and a bigger fan base.

Also no one knows what teams will be the best in 10 years in terms of on-field performance or revenue generators. Only a few have really been the elite over the decades.

Adding teams that want to jump at whatever slightly better opportunity may be around the corner is bad. (I do not include massive improvement jumps in this as pretty much anyone would take that)

PS. I don't care what color their field is.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Endless Purple @ Jun 2 2010, 05:54 PM) [snapback]567408[/snapback]
no. "Chief" is what an old dude calls a little dude to make him think he is a big dude.

Thanks.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(wes @ Jun 2 2010, 05:37 PM) [snapback]567398[/snapback]
I am not quite sure what to say about this one.

I'm pretty sure it's gotta be shtick

BABYFACE

OMG, this is about Boise St. GIve me a frickin break.

For Boise ST's finishes to count towards the BCS qualification, they have to be in the MWC for 2011 season. That is thinking ahead not lowering ourselves Scar. Anyway, if the conference jumping happens with the Big 10 spurring this, none of your concerns matter at that point.

Scarface

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Jun 3 2010, 01:18 AM) [snapback]567438[/snapback]
OMG, this is about Boise St. GIve me a frickin break.

For Boise ST's finishes to count towards the BCS qualification, they have to be in the MWC for 2011 season. That is thinking ahead not lowering ourselves Scar. Anyway, if the conference jumping happens with the Big 10 spurring this, none of your concerns matter at that point.

I can see I'm outnumbered. Some of you guys take TCU's academic reputation very lightly. A lot of work has been put into the institution since 1873. Football has never served as a shortcut for TCU, why should we let Boise get away with it. All of the schools in the MWC are better than Boise State, some more than others.

Its not like another conference is going to take Boise before the MWC makes a move. If we had a firm criteria from the BCS to auto qualify when we add BSU it would make more sense.

I can't believe that the conference would not insist on Boise changing the blue carpet. What about an entrance fee? TCU had to pay one. You guys act like Boise is somebody special.

Taking Houston in the SWC made more sense and look what happened when that program cycled downward. At least Houston was a ninth member that helped the conference scheduling.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Scarface @ Jun 2 2010, 09:14 PM) [snapback]567464[/snapback]
I can see I'm outnumbered. Some of you guys take TCU's academic reputation very lightly. A lot of work has been put into the institution since 1873. Football has never served as a shortcut for TCU, why should we let Boise get away with it. All of the schools in the MWC are better than Boise State, some more than others.

Taking Boise into the MWC would not hurt TCU's academics though, so the basis for your entire argument is flawed. If somehow taking Boise into our athletic conference would hurt TCU's academics, then you would have a point, but that is by no means the case.

If anything, taking Boise into the conference would help the MWC's football prestige, thereby increasing the overall visibility and appeal of TCU's football program, and we all know what kind of effect our football program's success has had on TCU's freshman application numbers.... Patterson said at the Houston Coaches Dinner last week that we are over 15,000 applications for this incoming class of 1,500. A good football program is better than any marketing a university can buy.

Cougar/Frog

Speaking of football and TCU, we need to remember that TCU might not exist without the football success of the 1920s and 1930s, when TCU lost its religious-based funding.

As for Boise academics, they are improving....and I am sure that for most folks, a Boise grad is not much different from a Wyoming or UNLV grad. I have known a bunch over the years and these are generally bright and educated people, not a bunch of idiots. I expect Boise will continue to improve its academics as it moves into the MWC.

With Boise in the conference and a 8-game conference schedule, I expect that we will see substantial national recognition and respect...

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
I can see I'm outnumbered. Some of you guys take TCU's academic reputation very lightly.

TCU's academic reputation is not at issue. I don't see UT's academic rep being besmirched by playing Tech. Or Stanford's with Washington State, etc. Somebody has to be best, and somebody has to be worst. We're not competing with them in College Bowl, nor are we working with them. If the MWC had an academic group like the Big 10 does, the argument would have some validity. But they don't so it doesn't. This is about athletics, and more specifically football. Period.

Its not like another conference is going to take Boise before the MWC makes a move. If we had a firm criteria from the BCS to auto qualify when we add BSU it would make more sense.

I've seen the criteria, and so has everybody else. So I don't see what the problem is here. Boise gets us a lot closer, plus we have another year of them racking up another potential Top 10 ranking in '10 to help us further.

I can't believe that the conference would not insist on Boise changing the blue carpet. What about an entrance fee? TCU had to pay one. You guys act like Boise is somebody special.

That the turf is an issue is ridiculous, because its not an issue. Get over it. And how do you know there's no entrance fee? Nobody's mentioned it yet, because there's BEEN NO OFFER YET.

And they've won 2 BCS games, which is 2 more than we have. That qualifies as fairly special.

Taking Houston in the SWC made more sense and look what happened when that program cycled downward. At least Houston was a ninth member that helped the conference scheduling.

Wha...?

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Limey Frog @ Jun 2 2010, 12:25 PM) [snapback]567203[/snapback]
You don't know that. Imagine a doomsday scenario with Texas, Nebraska, TAMU, Oklahoma, Mizzou and Colorado all leaving the Big 12. The conference you're left with rebuilds back to 12 teams starting with a base of TTech, Baylor, Iowa State, Poklahoma State and the Kansas schools.

Yuk.

Not to mention the irritation of having to listen to UT Walmart fans tell us from now until eternity that we were only good enough for the conference they rejected.

A MWC with Boise, BYU, TCU and Utah will get AQ status if the Big 10 expands because that will kill either the BE of Big 12. I hope we stay put and trade on our own name.

Screw the Longwhorns.

What he said + in that scenario there would be some pretty good Big 12 leftovers to add to the MWC (like Tech and Okie State/KU.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
QUOTE(Nick Danger @ Jun 2 2010, 11:39 AM) [snapback]567177[/snapback]
I think there should be a Universal law that it is strictly forbidden to refer to any male over 40 years old as "Dude" :dry:

Prefer "Coot", "Geezer" or "Curmudgeon" instead?