• The KillerFrogs

TAMU officially notifies Big XII its leaving

BABYFACE

The future of Big 12 is really up to what is UT going to do? Are they going to play nice and get along with their conference mates and share equally in conference TV money or they going to continue to down the path of destruction? To me this is key, if Big 12 is going to be around in 3 years or not. UT either needs to reign itself in and be a good conference mate or just go Indy. I have a feeling with Dodds and the leadership at UT will fail to recognize this, and UT will continue on their own version of SHerman's march thru the Big 12 conference.

olson214

Hmmm, A&M going to the SEC. Let's see you still need to win 6 games and not have a losing recored to be bowl eligible. Plus you can only play Vandy once a year. Looks like College Station will be kinda of dead in December for the near future.

pastorfrog

Texas A$M will end up in the top 1/3rd of the SEC after about four years in the conference. If Sherman can't get them to 9 wins a year in there they will swing for the fences.

PhillyFrog

It sure looks like there will be three AQ teats in Texas for at least 2-3 years.

It's not that long a shot to envision 2014 as the year TCU, UT and AtM in BCS bowls. And two of them playing each other for the marbles.

The great state of Texas would be the center of the football universe, taking its rightful place.

I think this situation, as it continues to unfold, will be a good test of the mettle of our new conference and its leadership. IF the SEC decides to add a 14th team this year, and IF that team comes from ACC or BE, or IF the Bevo conference adds a BE team -- then the BE will have to act quickly to shore itself up.

This reorganization has been unfolding at a pace that makes "Days of Our Lives" look like a rock video on speed. There has been ample time to plan out almost any contingency, to make the subtle contacts and set up the meetings-that-never-happened, to lawyer-up and find all the loopholes. Like a well-planned military strategy, it should be ready to click into place the first time an actionable fact emerges.

Will it? For our sake and for that of the BE, I fervently hope so. But, after (and, always, IF) the first ACC or BE desertion is registered, it shouldn't take over 72 hours max for the BE to publicly announce its strategy to survive and prosper. Let's see IF that happens.

Gunner

Every Aggie you know is an idiot. Many years of mediocrity will make them understand. I know they are used to it, but pretty soon, you get to feeling like Baylor. :biggrin:

asleep003

Think many of them have their heads spinning and don't know what to think right about know. As nothing official yet , but do realize that in the mid and long term, the SEC is the way to go... that their is no real future in the the future LH-12-5

Cheers !

HFrog1999

Every Aggie you know is an idiot. Many years of mediocrity will make them understand. I know they are used to it, but pretty soon, you get to feeling like Baylor. :biggrin:

As much as it pains me to say this, I think A&M will do okay in the SEC. They'll finally have something to recruit against UT with and A&M has a history of being pretty good at cheating.

OmniscienceFrog

The Big 12 should just be renamed the Big Joke. Not necessarily because of the quality of their athletic programs, but because of the quality of their associations. It's just become a haven for league and school lawyers to play their little games of "Follow the Process".

[Craig James] or get off the pot.

jake102

They'll finally have something to recruit against UT with and A&M has a history of being pretty good at cheating.

aTm has been pulling great recruiting classes for years in the Big 12. I don't think going from the #10 ranked class to the #1 ranked class is a big difference... see UT 2010. It's not recruiting that has been holding aTm back, it's coaching and the program.