• The KillerFrogs

Start Getting Your Hopes Up For TCU Basketball

Sebastian S

This is a very interesting seed bracket. Eric Haslem has been doing brackets for some time now.

He has the Frogs as a 5 seed.

http://haslametrics.com/ratings.php

"TCU is one of the teams in the upper echelon of college basketball this year. Haslametrics has them ranked 20th overall (out of 351) in All-Play Percentage, and the team holds a record of 21-9. With a strength-of-schedule rating of 0.735 (the 19th-highest in the country), they've also prepared themselves by taking on some of the best teams in the college game."

Never thought I would read something like that about TCU basketball.

Dogfrog

"TCU is one of the teams in the upper echelon of college basketball this year. Haslametrics has them ranked 20th overall (out of 351) in All-Play Percentage, and the team holds a record of 21-9. With a strength-of-schedule rating of 0.735 (the 19th-highest in the country), they've also prepared themselves by taking on some of the best teams in the college game."

Never thought I would read something like that about TCU basketball.

Halcyon.

Ron Swanson

Glad you got the joke!

giphy.gif

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Opinions - say we beat Tech Saturday. That's entirely doable, IMHO.

Do we seed higher than them, assuming similar B12 tourney results?

BleedNPurple

Peaking at the right time as other mighty are falling. I like our odds here and in the B12 tourney. One of the benefits of having won the NIT last year is we have a core team that has won some tournaments. It all started with winning two Big 12 games in a row and I didn’t know if that would happen. Keep the streak going Frogs!

Purp

Quick answer: No.

But if we beat Tech Saturday I'm not so sure we end up with similar B12 Tourney results. If we have disparate conference tourney results and ours are better I can see us being seeded the same or better. We'd have a better record (identical conference record plus more tourney wins), identical road record, and much hotter finish to the season. They may well have better quality wins, but not by much. I don't see a huge difference between us if this happens.

SuperTFrog

I definitely think we would. At that point we have the same record as they do and would be 6-8 slots higher in the RPI (currently 4 slots higher). The big difference is that we would have won 6 out of our last 7 and they would have just lost 5 out of their last six (pre big 12 tourney).

I think when comparing two teams, all things being equal they will consider who is trending in the right direction as a factor to determine who to seed higher.

SuperTFrog

Also, it looks like based on the ESPN percentages of who is going to win they will probably be around a 4 pt favorite. Not that it matters. We were a 4.5 point favorite when they came to or place and blew our doors off. Maybe we will return the favor.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I've had better success than I expected in past brackets by riding hot teams. God, I'd love for us to end this season blazing hot by beating Tech and doing something awesome in the B12T.

We beat Tech, you will see media members predicting us to win the conference tourney.