• The KillerFrogs

Stadium Renovation Deadline

SnoSki

QUOTE(Pure Purple @ Jun 1 2010, 06:15 PM) [snapback]566913[/snapback]
At least pave the parking lots...that might help to some extent. Doubtful!

Re-pave is the word I think you mean, and I agree.

If anything, the areas under the stands could stand to be repaved as well. It's pretty rugged. Does Earl from Mesquite do asphalt/concrete work?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 1 2010, 09:47 PM) [snapback]566978[/snapback]
Re-pave is the word I think you mean, and I agree.

He was talking about Floyd Casey and the dirt lots that surround the stadium there.

Horny4TCU

I don't think anyone has said this, but frankly I really don't want Amon Carter Renovated! I think they should wait until the conference realignments or what have you OR the MWC to get an Autobid. If we have a couple more record breaking seasons, the stands will be packed! If we get into a "new" conference (granted big IF) with Houston, Tech, Baylor, or Texas involved the stands will need those extra seats!!! Oh well, that's my two cents...

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(Horny4TCU @ Jun 1 2010, 10:53 PM) [snapback]566994[/snapback]
I don't think anyone has said this, but frankly I really don't want Amon Carter Renovated! I think they should wait until the conference realignments or what have you OR the MWC to get an Autobid. If we have a couple more record breaking seasons, the stands will be packed! If we get into a "new" conference (granted big IF) with Houston, Tech, Baylor, or Texas involved the stands will need those extra seats!!! Oh well, that's my two cents...

Thank goodness you aren't in charge. You like Frank Windegger, sit back and wait. How did that work out?

masterfrog

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Jun 2 2010, 03:04 AM) [snapback]567010[/snapback]
Thank goodness you aren't in charge. You like Frank Windegger, sit back and wait. How did that work out?

Truthfully, TCU has probably never been in better shape as a university or an athletic program. I'm not sure that would be the same if we had gone to the Big 12.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(masterfrog @ Jun 2 2010, 06:51 AM) [snapback]567023[/snapback]
Truthfully, TCU has probably never been in better shape as a university or an athletic program. I'm not sure that would be the same if we had gone to the Big 12.

IMO, our turnaround has more to do with Windegger and the previous chancellor leaving and Koehler and his group taking the bull by the horns, opening up the spending and going after the right people. We might not have the skins on the wall, but we'd have made more money, and with Fran and then GP in place, as well as Schloss, who knows what we might have done by now.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Frogenstein @ Jun 2 2010, 07:30 AM) [snapback]567030[/snapback]
Maybe. But I don't think you can underestimate how big of a wake up call the demise of the SWC was.

That is definitely part of the equation of the old guard leaving Koehler and Co. stepping in, determined to start reversing the damage done by the previous three decades of ineptness, lethargy, complacency, incompetency ...

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(masterfrog @ Jun 2 2010, 05:51 AM) [snapback]567023[/snapback]
<br />Truthfully, TCU has probably never been in better shape as a university or an athletic program. I'm not sure that would be the same if we had gone to the Big 12.<br />

Totally agree. We would have just baylored around and been content with cashing the welfare cks like BU. No doubt we used the setback as motivation. Great to be a Frog. Also, thank Gawd for that fire way back.

An-Cap Frog

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jun 1 2010, 09:44 PM) [snapback]566977[/snapback]
If TCU had a $1 for every negative post from Native the stadium would be fully funded by now.
Heck, we could purchase our own tv network...

Big Frog II

Has anyone ever met this character, NativeFrog? If you did, was he standing on a bridge, or better yet a billboard ready to jump saying over and over again, the sky is falling.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Jun 2 2010, 04:28 PM) [snapback]567361[/snapback]
Has anyone ever met this character, NativeFrog? If you did, was he standing on a bridge, or better yet a billboard ready to jump saying over and over again, the sky is falling.

...or wearing green and yellow?

NativeFrog

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Jun 2 2010, 09:28 PM) [snapback]567361[/snapback]

NativeFrog has been involved with TCU for 40 years, so naturally several people who visit this boad have met, and know quite well, NativeFrog. Still others have met and been in the company of NativeFrog, but haven't known it.

halfwaytoheaven

Stadiums don't seem to have a lot to do with a school's appeal as a potential conference-mate. Ticket revenue doesn't get shared like TV and bowl revenue, so when we build this new stadium, it will be mostly for our own benefit, to improve our own revenues and to give our fans a better place to watch our fantastic football team. I don't care much about accommodating visiting fans - we should be able to fill our own stadium all by ourselves. The visitors can have their little allotment in the corner.

geno

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 2 2010, 05:56 AM) [snapback]567024[/snapback]
IMO, our turnaround has more to do with Windegger and the previous chancellor leaving and Koehler and his group taking the bull by the horns, opening up the spending and going after the right people. We might not have the skins on the wall, but we'd have made more money, and with Fran and then GP in place, as well as Schloss, who knows what we might have done by now.

I presume by "previous chancellor leaving" you are referring to Tucker. Mick Ferrari was the Chancellor previous to Boschini, and the turn around in athletics started when Ferrari was the head guy. Not that he did it, but the Board leadership and the new AD did it.

Toad_Warrior

My only update, is although I am small doner to TCU, I have family with deep pockets. Folks from TCU were supposed to be meeting with them the middle of next week and ask for $10M-15M. Considering their generosity in the past, I feel the Carter ultimate facelift will get the $$$.

TW

Dogfrog

Houston??????????????????????????????You're killing me with this HOUSTON stuff. Yea, the stands were just packed with Houston fans every time we played them in CUSA. Maybe 200 there tops? Please stop.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Jun 2 2010, 05:01 PM) [snapback]567380[/snapback]
NativeFrog has been involved with TCU for 40 years, so naturally several people who visit this boad have met, and know quite well, NativeFrog. Still others have met and been in the company of NativeFrog, but haven't known it.

So, your mysterious as well as depressing?