• The KillerFrogs

Spring Practice 2016

Planks said:
It hasn't worked out for Tyler Matthews because he got "Matt Joeckled" at Southern Miss. Matthews was in a heated battle with incumbent starter Nick Mullens that lasted all the way to the first game of the season. Mullens wins the job and has a break out season as a Junior, throwing for 4,500 yards and 38 touchdowns.

Matthews has had some terrible luck, stuck behind Boykin at TCU, Mullens at Southern Miss.
Or maybe he's just not that great of a college QB

Planks

ArgyleFrog2010 said:
Or maybe he's just not that great of a college QB
Possibly, but we can't say he made the wrong choice transferring because he ended up losing the Southern Miss job to a very good quarterback. Would he have been better staying at TCU and sitting behind Boykin and Kohlhausen and then behind Hill and Sawyer next year?

DaCrief

Planks said:
Possibly, but we can't say he made the wrong choice transferring because he ended up losing the Southern Miss job to a very good quarterback. Would he have been better staying at TCU and sitting behind Boykin and Kohlhausen and then behind Hill and Sawyer next year?
Yes. TCU education and girls.

Planks

DaCrief said:
Yes. TCU education and girls.
Those are nice, but my guess is if you were to ask Tyler Matthews or most other college quarterbacks if they'd rather sit on the bench at TCU or have a chance at starting elsewhere, they would choose the latter.

Hughes Your Daddy

Frogs01 said:
What if they're red?
132.gif

06DallasFrog

Just saw on CEL Instagram how he is now practicing full time at reciever at the Arkansas school he went to. Would have been great for him to try CB for us. Could have been very valuable. Now that I think about it- did he get a shot there?

Punter1

Salfrog said:
So he left because he wanted to play QB, then ends up playing the same position he was playing here. Jeez...
But probably gonna be a starter there...was never going to be one here...at least at WR.

I loved CEL and wish he had stayed but he's probably gonna catch 50 plus balls this year and hopefully be happier as a starter on a lesser tram then a role player on a Top 10 team.

Ron Swanson

I feel like there is more to the CEL story that we don't know. It's strange that he was at the Alamo Bowl cheering his arse off and celebrating with the entire team.

That's not normal for a regular mid-career transfer

BoondocksFrog

Ron Swanson said:
I feel like there is more to the CEL story that we don't know. It's strange that he was at the Alamo Bowl cheering his arse off and celebrating with the entire team.

This. I hate seeing people say that he made a poor decision when there is probably much more to the story.

My opinion (no inside knowledge): Kavontae was going to start at both slot and punt returner (his positions). He wanted to go somewhere that he could make a bigger impact.

asleep003

Ron Swanson said:

Curtis Luper .?. coaching RB's. Free tics, spending time with his Dad..?.. and old pals during the Holidays.?.

Cheers !

Get Your Frogs Up

Ron Swanson said:

The college version of me would have hated playing on a team where my dad was a coach.  Now it sounds great, but way back when... no thanks.

[No idea if the above has anything to do with anything]

ShreveFrog

Agree that Turpin taking over as p.r. probably influenced CEL's move. Being in the wr rotation wasn't enough for him. But he would've been on the field a lot last year.

Bob

Must not be much to happening at spring practice.  Say, did you hear the one about the goat in the high line?