• The KillerFrogs

Spring Practice 2016

Punter1

Regarding Howard...I just remembered an exact similar situation to his. Lenoy Jones in '92 & '93.

Lenoy was recruited as a safety but because of injuries at LB moved down and played OLB in '92 and did awesome. In '93 some LBs came back from injury and he moved back to SS for a time and got roasted. He quickly moved back to LB and the rest us history...becoming one of our best LBs in the past 20 years.

I obviously know every situation is unique but you can't assume a kid will be great or even good moving back to his old position...and Howard is nowhere near the athlete Jones is...and I might be the biggest Howard fan on this board.

frog-hat

Punter1 said:
Regarding Howard...I just remembered an exact similar situation to his. Lenoy Jones in '92 & '93.

Lenoy was recruited as a safety but because of injuries at LB moved down and played OLB in '92 and did awesome. In '93 some LBs came back from injury and he moved back to SS for a time and got roasted. He quickly moved back to LB and the rest us history...becoming one of our best LBs in the past 20 years.

I obviously know every situation is unique but you can't assume a kid will be great or even good moving back to his old position...and Howard is nowhere near the athlete Jones is...and I might be the biggest Howard fan on this board.
I wouldn't agree with that part.

traderfrog

Does anyone have more info regarding the spring game? I see it listed as being this Friday but haven't seen anything else about time, etc. I'm assuming it's open to the public again?

jake102

traderfrog said:
Does anyone have more info regarding the spring game? I see it listed as being this Friday but haven't seen anything else about time, etc. I'm assuming it's open to the public again?

7pm. I'd get there at 630 though... Patterson is sneaky about these things

Edit: Gates open at 6pm so I would get there at 6pm

XIIFrog

traderfrog said:

Cep-5pUWwAEWG6w.jpg

Punter1

frog-hat said:
Lenoy was a freak..6-3, 220ish...he was in the Daryl Washington athletic catagory. Once again...nothing against Howard buy Lenoy was on a whole different level athlete-wise.

Punter1

Despite the odds Frog said:
Where do you hear Sawyer is thinking of bolting?
Just a logical or probable assumption if he doesn't win the staring job. Not saying he would but it wouldn't be surprising.

asleep003

It hasn't worked out all that well for Tyler Matthews. If he is unable to beat out Hill, and he is the #2 behind Hill, then the chances of getting noticable playing time over the next 3 years, are still good.

Going to another P5 school who are QB desperate and competing against another transfer/JC/2-3 year backup/etc ... may not be all that desireable.  Or going to a G5 school has not always worked out for P5 transfers either.  

But if Foster were to get beat out by a Grayson/Allen/or an incoming Freshman over the next 2 seasons ... then by all means, do see a move on to UTSA.

Cheers !

Punter1 said:
Just a logical or probable assumption if he doesn't win the staring job. Not saying he would but it wouldn't be surprising.
He is just a sophomore. Just because he does not get the starting role doesn't mean he is going anywhere. I don't think the logical/probable assumption would be to leave. Actually at this stage, I think it would be very surprising if he left. Plenty of time to get some quality playing time.

Punter1

Mistletoad said:
It hasn't worked out all that well for Tyler Matthews. If he is unable to beat out Hill, and he is the #2 behind Hill, then the chances of getting noticable playing time over the next 3 years, are still good.

Going to another P5 school who are QB desperate and competing against another transfer/JC/2-3 year backup/etc ... may not be all that desireable.  Or going to a G5 school has not always worked out for P5 transfers either.  

But if Foster were to get beat out by a Grayson/Allen/or an incoming Freshman over the next 2 seasons ... then by all means, do see a move on to UTSA.

Cheers !
Sawyer is a ton better then Mathews IMO...and he is also looking behind him at Wooton and Robinson.

Yea it's a risk to transfer but I doubt if Hill wins the job he loses it.

cdsfrog

frog-hat said:

It's like the 90s NBA players. They feel superior but in fact they weren't. Other than Jordan and a few notable exceptions. Any era where John Stockton was an elite star isn't that impressive. Great but not better than this era, and no one like Curry.

That said, no one is dumber than Oscar Robinson. The [Craig James] he says is hilarious. Reminds me of the walking in a mile in the snow [ Finebaum ]. What he said about coaches shows he has very little intelligence left.

Moose Stuff

cdsfrog said:

It's like the 90s NBA players. They feel superior but in fact they weren't. Other than Jordan and a few notable exceptions. Any era where John Stockton was an elite star isn't that impressive. Great but not better than this era, and no one like Curry.

That said, no one is dumber than Oscar Robinson. The [Craig James] he says is hilarious. Reminds me of the walking in a mile in the snow [Craig James]. What he said about coaches shows he has very little intelligence left.
Oscar ROBERTSON.

Planks

Mistletoad said:

Cheers !
It hasn't worked out for Tyler Matthews because he got "Matt Joeckled" at Southern Miss. Matthews was in a heated battle with incumbent starter Nick Mullens that lasted all the way to the first game of the season. Mullens wins the job and has a break out season as a Junior, throwing for 4,500 yards and 38 touchdowns.

Matthews has had some terrible luck, stuck behind Boykin at TCU, Mullens at Southern Miss.

Talor said:
Saban drives a bright red Ferrari, GP drives a Tahbro.  GP needs to step his game up to a G-Wagon or supercharged Range Rover or something sick. 

Man, we have nothing to talk about....

My friend owned the guest house Kliff rented while at Tech, lots of rubbers were found.  It was not determined if they had male of female juices before throwing them away.
Easy way to tell.. If the rubbers were stained brown, you know he's down

If they were clear, he ain't a queer