• The KillerFrogs

SportDFW: TCU Football Recruiting Profile: Dominique Wheeler

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SportDFW: TCU Football Recruiting Profile: Dominique Wheeler

AUTHOR: Alex Apple

Dominique Wheeler from the small town of Crockett, Texas, has brought that town more buzz than ever as the star wide receiver has racked up scholarship offers to play football at many schools including TCU, Auburn, Texas, and Texas A&M.

Wheeler has started in high school since his freshman year, and according to his head coach, Paul Parsons, he simply could not keep Wheeler off the field.

Off the field, Wheeler is a soft-spoken, humble young man, but on the field his game speaks loudly. In his junior season, Wheeler rushed for over 1,000 yards while scoring 16 times on the ground, throwing for five touchdowns and catching 5 more. While Wheeler has played nearly every skill position on the offensive side of the ball for his high school, he translates into a wide receiver at the collegiate level. ...

Ohiofrog

He would be a frosh with an established junior quarterback and a couple of good ones behind him. Anyone that watches our team knows we find ways to get our playmakers the ball. That has to have appeal to a top WR.

berryfrog95

Wheelers OUR 5* in my opinion for the 2012 class regardless of his actual rating...landing him to tandem with Boyce, Brown, Carter & others ( White, Gilbert & Porter ) would be tremendous heading into the BE!!

Go Frogs!

Gunner

It is possible, he is the biggest playmaker, in the country. In the day of the spread and spread option, wide receiver is pretty big.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
"In the class of 2012, TCU has already signed one athlete, Daje Johnson, and one running back in LaDarius Anthony but has yet to sign a wide receiver."

Eventually he'll learn that a commit is not a signed player and can be changed.

Fender

He has been named to the Army All-American game and told PM that he would like to announce his decision at the game on national TV and do the "hat trick." I believe the game is January 7th.

Well that sucks. I would rather have a decision more quickly. I'm getting a little worried that we might not land any top flight recruits after our rose bowl victory. Does anybody know if we are closing in on some recruits? Feisty or anybody else know anything? Its been a little quiet on the recruiting front.

TCU2012

All is well
ph34r.gif

talor

Well that sucks. I would rather have a decision more quickly. I'm getting a little worried that we might not land any top flight recruits after our rose bowl victory. Does anybody know if we are closing in on some recruits? Feisty or anybody else know anything? Its been a little quiet on the recruiting front.

I know that the evaluation period just started within the last week. Prior to that we were in a quiet period, so perhaps things will heat up since the coaches are on the road.