• The KillerFrogs

So Has Baylor Offered This Tool Yet?

Lone Frog

Sometimes the best help assault victims can get is video made by bystanders. Sounds cowardly, but a record of the incident is the most likely way to get that sack of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] off the street.

Unless a bystander is prepared to shoot him, and face the profound consequences of using a firearm on even a sorry excuse of a human.

Somehow I suspect that, as the attack was occurring, those two women would have preferred someone do something to stop him, rather than gather evidence for his potential prosecution.

There's no excuse for standing there and filming it. It doesn't sound cowardly; it is cowardly.

ThisIsOurTime

"Another witness told CBS2 that the suspect was arguing with a vendor over the price of a hot dog when the two women got involved, calling him derogatory names and demanding he leave the vendor alone.

“And they started punching on him first,” said the witness, who only identified himself as Stewart. “And once they punched on him first, they’re jumping on his back, then he defended hisself [sic] by, you know, counter-punching these women and things like that. So the video caught only the second glimpse of the story.”"

Source: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/01/30/man-arrested-in-downtown-la-assault-on-2-women/

Zubaz

"Another witness told CBS2 that the suspect was arguing with a vendor over the price of a hot dog when the two women got involved, calling him derogatory names and demanding he leave the vendor alone.

“And they started punching on him first,” said the witness, who only identified himself as Stewart. “And once they punched on him first, they’re jumping on his back, then he defended hisself [sic] by, you know, counter-punching these women and things like that. So the video caught only the second glimpse of the story.”"

Source: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/01/30/man-arrested-in-downtown-la-assault-on-2-women/
I'll bet they even broke up with a guy via text message.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
If true, still looked like an excessive amount of force versus the threat level they presented to him. I already know the guy's a Brilesbag if his much trouble happens over the price of a damn hot dog.

ThisIsOurTime

And now we have his side of the story in his words:

"“I definitely feel bad, I wish they didn’t spit on me or attack me,” Arka Oroojian told Fox11. Oroojian said he was upset about the quality of a hot dog he had just purchased from a vendor when the women went after him.

“The woman that was cussing me out spits on me, her friend then attacks me, I fall down on the ground, they both start kicking me,” Oroojian said. “If you look at the video, it literally shows them coming towards me. I was just defending myself. I’m a really big person, the last thing I want to do is fight.”"

Then, there is another quote from the same prior witness who said:

"A man claiming to have witnessed the brawl told CBS2 the women were to blame for the fight.

“There’s two sides to every story and those two women started that,” the witness, identified only as Stewart, told the station."

Source: https://www.dailynews.com/2019/02/0...-hot-dog-dispute-tells-his-side-of-the-story/

HG73

Always happens that way, somebody gets punched and draws the flag when they retaliate. Should have been offsetting penalties after replay.

ThisIsOurTime

More information coming out:

"“I hear a woman just cussing me out from the back,” he said. “The woman spits on me, and her friend attacks me — physically hits me."

Oroojian said he then lost his balance and fell to the ground, where the women began kicking him.

“I didn’t really know how many people there were or what was going on," he told KTLA. "When I got up, I just felt like I had to defend myself. That’s where the video started to show.”

Oroojian said he "retreated" as soon as he "caught a moment.""

The following aspect of the article was also interesting. Did the father delete the facebook post because he knows his daughter and her friend started the fight and now has doubts about calling Oroojian the aggressor?

"In a Facebook post that's since been deleted, the father of one of the women involved said both were punched in the face multiple times — with some of the blows dealt before the filming began. Mike Watson said his daughter didn't know the other woman, but had leapt to her defense after Oroojian became aggressive."

Source: https://ktla.com/2019/01/31/i-was-d...men-in-downtown-l-a-says-video-lacks-context/

Also, in another story, one of the two women has at least admitted the guy was on the ground at one point. And neither women would respond to an assertion that they attacked him. So it sounds more and more like they did in fact attack him first.

"The woman in the black jacket acknowledged the man was on the ground at one point, but said she did not remember how that happened.

The women did not respond to requests for comment on Oroojian's assertion that they attacked him."

Source: https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...imself-Against-Attacking-Women-505180661.html

BABYFACE

People wanted to know why other people didn't jump in against the guy. If what the witness said is true, it could explain why people chose not to.
I agree with Satis on this. He could have walked off. He could have pushed them away from himself and walked off.

He chose to make a scene with the vendor and then fight the women that came at him. I think he is just angry guy that reacts and doesn’t pause to think.

ThisIsOurTime

I agree with Satis on this. He could have walked off. He could have pushed them away from himself and walked off.

Yes, he could have. Of course, the two women could have not cussed him out, spit on him and apparently knocked him down and kicked him.

He chose to make a scene with the vendor and then fight the women that came at him. I think he is just angry guy that reacts and doesn’t pause to think.

Could be. But again why are you only judging the man's behavior? Are you afraid to judge women's behavior or simply believe they are inferior to men?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Yes, he could have. Of course, the two women could have not cussed him out, spit on him and apparently knocked him down and kicked him.

Yes, they could have. That's not really in dispute here.

Could be. But again why are you only judging the man's behavior? Are you afraid to judge women's behavior or simply believe they are inferior to men?

Forget their gender for a second. In fact, pretend they are men of the same size. They guy had, just eyeballing, around 100 pounds and 6 inches height on either one of those humans, and he clearly had good fighting form, may be trained. I agree with Face that the dude could have kept pushing them away or down, instead of concussing people. In a scenario where someone didn't start a fight, they can still take blame if they go beyond reasonable force defending themselves.

Zubaz

OiaA.gif