• The KillerFrogs

So Gary..

Froggy Style

I love Gary and what he did for TCU.... that said, he lost it, started thinking he was bigger than the university, and now is on team Uterus.... therefore, feel free to relentlessly poke fun. I hope he gets fired again.
Agreed. A bit of narcissism started to set in with more guitar and less coaching. Starts when losing easy games wasn't his fault...which meant 7-5 wasn't either...and when 5-7 became him saying the players shouldn't quit and he was untouchable, he was just delusional. If Boykin wasn't around, he'd have been done in 2015.

DC is more his speed these days. Nothing to be ashamed of, but he'll try to go big.

An-Cap Frog

I saw that yesterday and had the same reaction. The celebratory tone coming out of Austin of, "Hey we didn't get our asses handed to us as bad as everyone expected," is so weird. Baylor-esque. . . Like their media guide is going to refer to it as a "non-win."
And weird [ #2020 ] for Gary to be posting- Wonder how he'd react if one of his assistants had done similar, lol.
At least they didn't lose by going for two trying to go ahead by 3 in the waning moments of the 4th quarter...

allclearforfrogs

Get the credit?

For a loss?

Charlie Day Reaction GIF
This also strikes me as very passive aggressive and trying to boast without really boasting.

He wanted to make sure everyone that read this tweet knew that he was getting praise for the Bama game.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

I believe Sark even said after the game something to the effect of how they didn't actually lose that game, they just ran out of time, and that's how he was going to address it with his team.

Has anyone noted that Coach Patterson’s Twitter headline bio and photo have no note of the University of Texas nor burnt orange, rather simply “Ball Coach,“ and his banner picture—I believe is of six former TCU players. This does not fit those whom believe he is trying to rub UT Longhorn in our noses, but I suspect some of you will find a way to spin that too, to disparage him further.

Spooky how the mind works to put anything in the context of how they judge the motivation of another. A pack of wolves here feeding on each other. Similar to our political scene—unsettling. Five pages now, just on this thread, dedicated to “So Gary.”

36E37BB6-B65E-463B-BC5D-B99F0478E249.jpeg

Last edited:

Toad Jones

Agreed. A bit of narcissism started to set in with more guitar and less coaching. Starts when losing easy games wasn't his fault...which meant 7-5 wasn't either...and when 5-7 became him saying the players shouldn't quit and he was untouchable, he was just delusional. If Boykin wasn't around, he'd have been done in 2015.

DC is more his speed these days. Nothing to be ashamed of, but he'll try to go big.
His eyes hv been opened and sees some errors that were made. Mainly he refused to adapt. (that is a four paragraph story w/n itself). From direct sources, Gary is conflicted with the idea of being a HC again. He really wants to make a difference with UT's defense not so much as its UT but for personal ego and pride! Patterson is a good man but complicated to the bone. (I'd bet most head coaches are esp if your a P5 HC. At this point, I really think he's wanting just to go w/ it and see what happens. His personnal life has changed little except he is no longer a football coach and is engaged in mastering other teams offenses as an associate of the staff. BTW, he has three grandkids, all sons. Two of three are twins with little doubt of the family blood lines. Keith, one of the twins is so outgoing (sooo 100%) and has a quick mind. He and his brother are in pre-school and I'd love to tell you a story about Keith when each student had to get up and 'talk show and tell. It caught Keith off guard but in an instance he had it handled with a few blushes from his teacher. His Mom, an ex soccer star w TCU is doing a whale of a job raising those three Patterson's.

Bruce Berry

Has anyone noted that Coach Patterson’s headline Twitter bio and photo have no note of the University of Texas nor burnt orange, rather simply “Ball Coach,“ and his banner picture—I believe is of six former TCU players. This does not fit those who believe he is trying to rub UT Longhorn in our noses, but I suspect some of you will find a way to spin that too, to disparage him further.

Spooky how the mind works to put anything in the context of how they judge the motivation of another. A pack of wolves here feeding on each other. Similar to our political scene—unsettling. Five pages now, just on this thread, dedicated to “So Gary.”

View attachment 12016

Pack of wolves? That's spooky.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Patterson was NOT fired "for cause". Not winning enough is not "for cause". Not winning and not articulating an acceptable way to get to winning may be a damn good reason a coach is fired. Being fired over "cause" means something really bad, and that's not Patterson's situation.

Coaches like Jerry Sandusky and Art Briles are fired "for cause" (or their institutions try to, to avoid contract buy-outs). I don't think there was ever any question that Patterson would be paid his buy-out, or that he deserved it under the contract he signed with TCU.
He didn’t say he was fired ‘for cause’ as a contractual term of art. He said it’s not like he wasn’t fired without cause. Perhaps an unhappy turn of phrase but easily understood to mean the University had good reasons to let GP go. If we’re going to parse words we may as well do it correctly.

froginaustin

He didn’t say he was fired ‘for cause’ as a contractual term of art. He said it’s not like he wasn’t fired without cause. Perhaps an unhappy turn of phrase but easily understood to mean the University had good reasons to let GP go. If we’re going to parse words we may as well do it correctly.

Why don’t you try parsing words correctly?
It doesn’t seem you know how to do that.

Brog

Has anyone noted that Coach Patterson’s Twitter headline bio and photo have no note of the University of Texas nor burnt orange, rather simply “Ball Coach,“ and his banner picture—I believe is of six former TCU players. This does not fit those whom believe he is trying to rub UT Longhorn in our noses, but I suspect some of you will find a way to spin that too, to disparage him further.

View attachment 12016
You're perfectly free to not readem if you don't likem.

4th. down

That was a bizarre exchange. It looked like either Nick didn’t know who he was, or didn’t realize he was a coach at UT and was disoriented by seeing him there.
Strange that Saban didn't know about GP/UT but even if he had, would he have run over to find GP and give him a big hug? That ego is one reason GP is at Texas......with what's going on currently regarding OU/UT leaving the conf. early, we may not see UT again in the Carter in our lifetimes. Need to take him and UT down, cannot miss this opportunity. If we win, hopefully Dykes seeks him out and gives him a big hug.