• The KillerFrogs

So Gary..

Tshirt Fan

Its really surprising there is not more angst on this forum about Baylor since Baylor surpassed TCU athletics in every way possible.

A natty in mens bb. A much stronger football team, except for the Chandler Morris miracle.
It's like the Baylor AD actually knows what she is doing.

Moose Stuff

Gary was and is a great coach. His approach grew old here and it was time for him to go.

The fact that some of y'all can't handle that is... confusing to say the least.
Poking fun at someone for what was a VERY awkward exchange isn’t evidence of people that “can’t handle it”. What’s more confusing to me are the people that insist on defending him at every turn.

Moose Stuff

Y’all are some real keyboard warriors to sit here and trash talk Gary.

If Gary Patterson doesn’t walk the face of the earth we’re hanging out in utter irrelevance wondering how much longer we even field a D1 football team much less keep the door’s of TCU open.
LMAO…. So if we hadn’t hired Gary TCU may have ceased to exist? That’s a new one.

HFrog1999

That was a bizarre exchange. It looked like either Nick didn’t know who he was, or didn’t realize he was a coach at UT and was disoriented by seeing him there.

Video of Nick when he saw Gary

Shocked Jaw Drop GIF

froginmn

Poking fun at someone for what was a VERY awkward exchange isn’t evidence of people that “can’t handle it”. What’s more confusing to me are the people that insist on defending him at every turn.
OMG! Gary went out on the field!

It's clearly a sign that people are obsessed with our former coach. Yes, I'll defend his right to participate in college athletics now and in the future.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
No.

You can appreciate what Gary did his first 15 or so years and be critical of what he did his last 5 or so. The two are not mutually exclusive.

But your premise requires the belief that no other human existed during that time period who could have been successful at TCU, which is silly and borders on idol worship. It ignores the dozens of outstanding coaches who were his contemporaries, or who came along after. It also ignores and insults the incredible hard and successful work of all those who made the financial and structural commitment to enable that success.

Gary did a great job here for a relatively long time, and then he didn’t.
Perhaps someone could have done as well, but TCU certainly was unable to attract any of them for decades.

Tshirt Fan

Someone is not paying attention
Go ahead, I'm listening.

I enjoyed the Baylor results on the weekend and was disappointed that BYU won a game.
We need more lose-lose scenarios for those two teams.

Unfortunately, it seems like the Baylor AD is running circles around our program, especially when comparing MBB and football results.

Wexahu

This was probably already posted but I couldn't find it. Thought it was very odd. Like, hey, I've heard all the talk about how my defense was so much better than defenses here in the past. Yeah, it's true, I'm making a huge difference here but I just want to let you know Coach Sark and the whole staff should get the credit.

Seemed completely unnecessary and very passive aggressive, but that's just me. Not to mention they lost the game.

HornyWartyToad

Perhaps someone could have done as well, but TCU certainly was unable to attract any of them for decades.
This was probably already posted but I couldn't find it. Thought it was very odd. Like, hey, I've heard all the talk about how my defense was so much better than defenses here in the past. Yeah, it's true, I'm making a huge difference here but I just want to let you know Coach Sark and the whole staff should get the credit.

Seemed completely unnecessary and very passive aggressive, but that's just me. Not to mention they lost the game.

I saw that yesterday and had the same reaction. The celebratory tone coming out of Austin of, "Hey we didn't get our asses handed to us as bad as everyone expected," is so weird. Baylor-esque. . . Like their media guide is going to refer to it as a "non-win."
And weird [ Finebaum ] for Gary to be posting- Wonder how he'd react if one of his assistants had done similar, lol.