• The KillerFrogs

So can we get in the Sugar or no?

JogginFrog

TCUdirtbag said:
Not going back through the entire thread. Frogs on a Plane has posted it several times.

OK, I see the confirmation via Twitter per FOAP.  
https://twitter.com/SugarBowlNola/status/670765272412852225

asleep003

Frognosticator said:
Due to the Big XII tie breaker system, TCU cannot get in. If Baylor beats UT, they are in. If they lose, OSU is in. It is as simple as that.

Has to do with margin of victory in the games played against each other.

Realize if BU loses to UT, we lose out to OSU on HTH.

But if the B12 Champ does not go to the Sugar, doesn't the Sugar Bowl have their own 3 way tie
prerogative/choice on 2nd place. As if one of the 3 is stuck with an inexperienced 3rd team QB and one was blown out in it's last 2 appearances, the Sugar Bowl would not have that choice to go with the the probable better team(ranked higher in AP/Coaches polls) with a 2014 B12 MVP at QB.  Or does the Alamo or Liberty Bowl get that better team of the three.

Cheers !

TCUdirtbag

froginmn said:
It's possible, though, that this committee goes off the board and makes up some weak sauce saying that the Big 12 tiebreaker as written doesn't apply in this situation.
No, this is not possible. The CFP Committee has absolutely zero input on the Sugar Bowl. Zero. Zilch. None.

Time to accept that there is no way that TCU will be in the Sugar Bowl unless Baylor and OSU are banned from the postseason by the NCAA in the next 6 days.

micahjh

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
The troll is backing up. We saw your green colors and attempt to sway logic a mile away
You can take that and shove it up your tail pipe, azzmunch. My blood is purple. Would you like to have contest on who's the bigger Frog fan tough guy? Shut your pie hole.

GoFrogs21

TCUdirtbag said:
Time to accept that there is no way that TCU will be in the Sugar Bowl unless Baylor and OSU are banned from the postseason by the NCAA in the next 6 days.

lm3jhj5.jpg

froginmn

TCUdirtbag said:
No, this is not possible. The CFP Committee has absolutely zero input on the Sugar Bowl. Zero. Zilch. None.

Ok, you win the Internet. The is no chance the committee will do something unpredictable in the name of economics.

Unfortunately your interest in being right makes it a lot less appealing to read your posts.

asleep003

TCUdirtbag said:

So, if you're in line with Frognosticator(rules/contract as stated) ... OSU is 1st in line, then BU, then us. Neither the Sugar Bowl committee, nor the CFP committee have any say so on who goes to the Sugar Bowl.... There is No Clause in that contract that states, that Sugar Bowl has the right to override, if one team is ranked highest in a 3 way tie of 2nd place in the selection process.

Cheers !

HoustonVeer said:

Houston isn't respected by you.  

If Houston plays in a NY6 bowl, then that means Houston is 3-0 against ranked teams.  The class of teams with 4+ ranked wins doesn't take long to call roll.
UConn says hi.

Mistletoad said:

So, if you're in line with Frognosticator(rules/contract as stated) ... OSU is 1st in line, then BU, then us. Neither the Sugar Bowl committee, nor the CFP committee have any say so on who goes to the Sugar Bowl.... There is No Clause in that contract that states, that Sugar Bowl has the right to override, if one team is ranked highest in a 3 way tie of 2nd place in the selection process.

Cheers !
Actually, Baylor is first (assuming they beat UT), then OSU, then us.

Mistletoad said:

Cheers !

Where are you getting the impression that OSU is first in line?  They aren't.  If Baylor beats UT, then they win the Big 12's second-place tiebreaker in a three-way tie (OSU, Baylor and TCU). .  If Baylor loses to UT, then OSU wins the Big 12's second-place tiebreaker for a two-way tie (OSU and TCU).

And no, the CFP Committee has no influence on the Sugar Bowl this year, other than selecting the regular representatives to be in the playoffs (i.e., Alabama and OU).

TCUdirtbag

froginmn said:
The is no chance the committee will do something unpredictable in the name of economics.
Correct, because the CFP Selection Committee has no authority to select participants to the NY6 contract bowls (Rose, Sugar, Orange) unless those bowls are semifinals.

Frog-in-law1995

Gehörnter Frosch said:

Where are you getting the impression that OSU is first in line?  They aren't.  If Baylor beats UT, then they win the Big 12's second-place tiebreaker in a three-way tie (OSU, Baylor and TCU). .  If Baylor loses to UT, then OSU wins the Big 12's second-place tiebreaker for a two-way tie (OSU and TCU).

And no, the CFP Committee has no influence on the Sugar Bowl this year, other than selecting the regular representatives to be in the playoffs (i.e., Alabama and OU).
I believe the SEC's tiebreaker for their representative may be based on CFP ranking, so they may have some influence, but not for the Big 12 side, which of course is what you meant.

hindry

factors that i think relevant. my opinions.

1. if there is any thing more concrete regardin SB invites, they haven't published it.  so i will assume  SB maintains fexiblility and control over its invite process and in fact are free to invite anyone they please.

2. if ole miss invited to SB, i don't think anyone would want too see a rematch with TCU. maybe they would but it seems unlikely.

3. OSU blew themselves up from any good invite. stunk on national tv on saturday nite. no way any NY 6 bowl wants them.

4. baylor probably did the same. got beat by the pokes who got beat real bad.  0 for 8 passing johnson not a real marquee talent.

5. i think QB situation may make us attractive.....nothing better for bowl than a high wire act of twinkle toes Treyvon.. of course baylor 3 string vs. TB? if your selling add time i think you know the decision your commish needs to be made.

6. seems florida is a dog so a win agains another SEC is another feather in out cap. would impress SEC recruits. but i doubt any ever  get west of college station

7 alamo bowl win against a west coast team would be a great recruiting tool..........

in conclusion...we should have gone for the PAT!

tye summers is a mofo...gary p is awesome..1 trick pony meachum: ask fran about coaching after the frogs.

asleep003

Gehörnter Frosch said:

Quoting frognosticator's understanding that the tie-breaker for the 3 second plalce teams who beat one another, was the Margin of Victory over one another ....... to me, that is OSU.

Cheers !

tcumaniac

The second place tie-breaker rule is so scheissing stupid.

It has no way to accurately measure who the best / most deserving team is at the end of the season. It doesn't take into account when the games were or where the games were (both our losses were on the road... Not true for Baylor or Okie State).