• The KillerFrogs

So can we get in the Sugar or no?

texasrobster1997

I'm reading a lot of predictions about Florida in the Sugar bowl. If they lose to Alabama (highly likely) they should drop below Ole Miss. The Sugar picks teams based on rank so I would think the matchup should be ole miss vs Baylor. Am I wrong?

Pharm Frog

texasrobster1997 said:
I'm reading a lot of predictions about Florida in the Sugar bowl. If they lose to Alabama (highly likely) they should drop below Ole Miss. The Sugar picks teams based on rank so I would think the matchup should be ole miss vs Baylor. Am I wrong?

Yes.  You are wrong.  But you may become correct in part or in full.

Get Your Frogs Up

texasrobster1997 said:
Maybe those people are under the impression that the SEC has some convoluted, asinine tie breaker policy that places Florida in the Sugar Bowl over Ole Miss.

texasrobster1997 said:

The Sugar Bowl doesn't pick anything.

If the SEC champion is selected to the CFP semi-finals, then the SEC will choose whom it sends to the Sugar Bowl in place of the conference champion.

TCUdirtbag

texasrobster1997 said:

Gehörnter Frosch said:
The Sugar Bowl doesn't pick anything.

If the SEC champion is selected to the CFP semi-finals, then the SEC will choose whom it sends to the Sugar Bowl in place of the conference champion.

Someone posted the SEC Sugar Bowl replacement rules yesterday.  Goes to the highest-ranked SEC team.  Looks like the most likely result is Ole Miss is headed to the Sugar Bowl to play Baylor.  

UF could fall behind Ole Miss in tomorrow's CFP rankings. With a loss to Alabama, they're almost certain to in the final rankings, with UF falling well out of NY6 contention.  

Assuming Bama beats Florida and Florida falls behind Ole Miss, it kind of works out in a weird way. TCU avoids the nothing-to-gain rematch with Ole Miss.  We'd probably have a 22-page thread whining about a rematch had that happened.