• The KillerFrogs

SI: Cheez-It Bowl Preview: Cal Defense Should Control Game Against TCU

MTfrog5

so your defense isn't CURRENTLY better than our defense? that's what the argument was about.
For one I'd take TCU defense over Cal right now. You asked why we aren't favored. Our starting QB is a 5th year senior making his second start ever. That is an injury that has as much to do with the line as anything. Starting RB is out too which doesn't have anything to do with defense. We will have about 45 players suited up and I'd take all of them over your defense based on what I saw against Baylor and Ok State.

droski

Dear God. No, our defense is, was and always will be better than your defense. You went down a different road when you asked why we weren’t favored. That necessarily includes offense too. Ours probably isn’t going to be very good next week. That’s why we’re not favored.

cal's offense isn't better than your offense. it's the worst power 5 offense in the country and has only gotten worse as the season as gone on. if you are right tcu win's comfortably.

droski

For one I'd take TCU defense over Cal right now. You asked why we aren't favored. Our starting QB is a 5th year senior making his second start ever. That is an injury that has as much to do with the line as anything. Starting RB is out too which doesn't have anything to do with defense. We will have about 45 players suited up and I'd take all of them over your defense based on what I saw against Baylor and Ok State.

baylor ranks 76th in yards per play. oklahoma state has a decent offense, but it's worse than WSU and Stanford.

SuperTFrog

Droski, the PAC 12 is an absolute joke in every sport right now. 1-8 in bowl games last year, 1-3 in the NCAA tourney last year, earlier this week you were 6-23 against power 5 teams in basketball this year. Y’all suck at every sport and your team will continue the tradition of the PAC - 12 getting embarrassed on every stage. We won’t win big, but your joke of a conference has not gotten you ready for anything.

Washington State 21 in total offense, 892 plays, 5542 yards, 6.21 yards per play, 59 touchdowns, 461.8 yards a game
Ok State 9 total offense, 931 plays, 6000 yards, 6.44 yards per play, 58 touchdowns, 500 yards per game

How exactly is Washington State better than Ok State on offense?
Stanford isn't in the top 50 in total offense....
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21
70% of his own board no doubt has him on ignore. Why bother?

Purp

maybe the defenses in the big 12 are garbage. . .
Bowl performances in recent years tend to validate B12 offenses and somewhat vindicate B12 defenses. Nobody is saying Cal doesn't have a great defense; we're just saying the numbers behind the numbers indicate statistically even defenses aren't as even. I doubt you'd rank as high as you do if you played the same offenses we did.

dajo9

70% of his own board no doubt has him on ignore. Why bother?

This is the correct response.

You guys are arguing with droski, aka drunkoski. He was banned from BearInsider about 7 years ago for being insufferable. He will NEVER stop arguing with you. Arguing with him is like playing whack-a-mole. He doesn't care if he's been proven wrong. He doesn't care if he contradicts himself. Like a bot - he will continue to argue with you until you hate him, Cal, and everybody related to Cal.

btw, Cal is playing its 3rd quarterback also.

The response to the aunt's and uncles argument was clever. Made me laugh.

Purp

cal's offense isn't better than your offense. it's the worst power 5 offense in the country and has only gotten worse as the season as gone on. if you are right tcu win's comfortably.
I'm not sure I'd call 3-2 "comfortably." There is no way to handicap this game bc you can't plan for defensive scores. I won't be shocked if the defense/ST points outnumber offensive points in this one. It'll be an ugly slugfest with 300 total yards between both teams.

But if your defense plays all the offenses we played this year I don't think you finish ranked better in any metric on defense than we are currently. And that statement considers all of our injuries on defense too. Injuries or not, our D is better than yours and that's not going to make our offense good enough to score on your D.

You guys are arguing with droski, aka drunkoski. He was banned from BearInsider about 7 years ago for being insufferable. He will NEVER stop arguing with you. Arguing with him is like playing whack-a-mole. He doesn't care if he's been proven wrong. He doesn't care if he contradicts himself. Like a bot - he will continue to argue with you until you hate him, Cal, and everybody related to Cal.

Welcome dajo9! I’m planning on coming out for the game in 2020 so I may be calling on you for some local expertise. By the way, can you give us your take on the Sonny Dykes experience?

droski

Washington State 21 in total offense, 892 plays, 5542 yards, 6.21 yards per play, 59 touchdowns, 461.8 yards a game
Ok State 9 total offense, 931 plays, 6000 yards, 6.44 yards per play, 58 touchdowns, 500 yards per game

How exactly is Washington State better than Ok State on offense?
Stanford isn't in the top 50 in total offense....
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

stanford 6.2, oklahoma state 6.1

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-play

droski

Droski, the PAC 12 is an absolute joke in every sport right now. 1-8 in bowl games last year, 1-3 in the NCAA tourney last year, earlier this week you were 6-23 against power 5 teams in basketball this year. Y’all suck at every sport and your team will continue the tradition of the PAC - 12 getting embarrassed on every stage. We won’t win big, but your joke of a conference has not gotten you ready for anything.

i'm sorry did i wake up to the big 12 being really good or something?

droski

jesus cry harder. i'm not banned from bearinsider. i choose not to post there. sorry your vagina got hurt.

droski

I'm not sure I'd call 3-2 "comfortably." There is no way to handicap this game bc you can't plan for defensive scores. I won't be shocked if the defense/ST points outnumber offensive points in this one. It'll be an ugly slugfest with 300 total yards between both teams.

But if your defense plays all the offenses we played this year I don't think you finish ranked better in any metric on defense than we are currently. And that statement considers all of our injuries on defense too. Injuries or not, our D is better than yours and that's not going to make our offense good enough to score on your D.

you understand that those metrics take into account strength of schedule right? you act like Cal is playing in the mountain west or something.