• The KillerFrogs

SI: Cheez-It Bowl Preview: Cal Defense Should Control Game Against TCU

Purp

The Cal defense looked very good

They gave up 10 points, 290 yards and forced 4 turnovers. Let’s not act like he was way off and we just outclassed them.

That was two great defenses against two terrible offenses.
They certainly are good, but I'm not very impressed with their run defense after last night. Before the game I'd have been surprised if we rushed for more than 150 yards and I'd have expected 50 of those to come from Mule. A defense that knows we have to run and still gets gashed for 6+ ypc by our run game doesn't impress me much.

The counter argument is that our run game is very good now. After the last few games I'm not going to discount that possibility. It's just that we didn't even run it that well against Baylor and the Pokes so I'd have figured Cal would hold our run game to less than those two.

Purp

You scored 10 points bro. 7 off of a punt return and 3 off of an int. Yeah I really got proven wrong o_O
I never once said anything about our offense doing anything against your defense. I fully expected us to suck and really thought we'd do well to gain even 200 yards all game. The debate was always about which defense was better. Your defense giving up that many yards to our abysmal rushing attack seems to settle the debate for me.

Frog-in-law1995

I never once said anything about our offense doing anything against your defense. I fully expected us to suck and really thought we'd do well to gain even 200 yards all game. The debate was always about which defense was better. Your defense giving up that many yards to our abysmal rushing attack seems to settle the debate for me.

Yup.

droski

10 points. What 26 yards passing?

Eight

dipshit, the only numbers that matter are what tcu scored and what cal scored.

last time i checked cal scored 7 which is less than 10 and that is what determines who wins or losses so scheiss off with everything else

Last edited:

Purp

That's correct. And you knew we couldn't pass as that stat clearly demonstrates, especially after Reagor was hobbled. Short of getting our play call before the play you can't get a better advantage on defense. There was literally only one way our offense could threaten you and it was with the run. And you couldn't stop it. A great defense would have shut that down, especially considering our run game has been an abortion for 2 seasons.

Mean Purple

You boys do know you barely one despite 4 turnovers right?
wow, you're talking crap after we beat you. we pretty much controlled the field for most of the second half. YOU LOST.
I'm sure you can hold a sit in and protest, but then you would just be reminded how much America hates your commie little school.

Mean Purple

TCU and coach GP are 9-0 against PAC-12.

9-0!

This offense is by far the weakest TCU has put on the field in its Bowl history.

AND THEY STILL BEAT THE GOLDEN BEARS.

Go drink a nice Napa Valley Cabernet and let the Texans talk football.
And you saw it from custom club seats while getting a foot massage … yada... yada...yada... j/k

but seriously, suck it, Cal.

y2kFrog

The TCU defense learned a whole new coverage the day before the game and had 5 interceptions. I think that settles the debate once and for all.

Latest posts