• The KillerFrogs

Sewo arrested, controlled substance

Virginia Frog

Here’s an idea. Don’t do something or have something on you, in your vehicle or otherwise. ... I’ve been driving for over 50 years and have never gotten more than a wave from a cop. If a cop stopped and suspected something they can search my car all they want and the most they’ll find is a bunch of golden retriever hair.
Just don't allow the cops free reign if you're in a RENTAL CAR. You just don't know it's history and if they can find just any particle, they can cost you a lot of $ with lawyers and hassle galore., Just sayin'.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Just don't allow the cops free reign if you're in a RENTAL CAR. You just don't know it's history and if they can find just any particle, they can cost you a lot of $ with lawyers and hassle galore., Just sayin'.
Agreed. Rental cars are dangerous in that way.

Hey guys, the "just don't be doing anything illegal and you're fine" argument works on all levels except this one:

We have a right to be left alone if we are not being criminal. If we tell our society "shut up and let them search and they'll send you on your way", we essentially consent to being stopped, detained and searched at ANY time for any or no reason. Whether we have nothing to do that day, or whether we have a deadline, or whether we are alone, or maybe have a passenger who looks a little more "grimy" etc. It can mess up our days without being arrested, and it allows less-than-fair policemen to go Police State on anyone they choose for nearly any reason.

Convenience - hell, just not wanting to bother with it - is a perfectly acceptable reason to not want to be searched in our free country. Not everyone who is against liberally applied searches would be found doing something wrong.

Billy Clyde

safety and the link to harder drugs has nothing to do with the morality of the state jailing people for what they choose to put in their body. THE STATES JOB ISN'T TO MAKE PEOPLE SAFE FROM THEIR OWN PERSONAL ABOUT WHAT THEY INGEST! why not make cigarettes, motorcycles, trans-fats (and hell, how bout weighing 400 lbs), and skydiving illegal too. totally immoral to jail people for what they choose to do to themselves. now if they are putting others at risk by driving or neglecting kids that's totally different. so immoral to jail people over what they ingest.

I'm with you 100% on outlawing skydiving for people weighing 400 lbs.

WhatTheFrog

It was weed. Just not in the traditional way of thinking about weed.
I can't the entire article. I'm not subscribed to all of the news outlets that may have news relating to the TCU sports programs (though I AM subscribed to every program that tries to extract every single cent out of my bank account for donations to the TCU fund, including my death).

I didn't see anything in what was available to me that said it was about edibles. If that's the case, that sucks. I'm sure he also knew that "that" stuff was illegal in the state of TX. Driving through the correctional system of TX in Huntsville, no less!

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I can't the entire article. I'm not subscribed to all of the news outlets that may have news relating to the TCU sports programs (though I AM subscribed to every program that tries to extract every single cent out of my bank account for donations to the TCU fund, including my death).

I didn't see anything in what was available to me that said it was about edibles. If that's the case, that sucks. I'm sure he also knew that "that" stuff was illegal in the state of TX. Driving through the correctional system of TX in Huntsville, no less!
The city in question definitely adds a slight bit of morbid humor to the situation.

Frog-in-law1995

phrasal-verbs-spanish.jpg

WhatTheFrog

The city in question definitely adds a slight bit of morbid humor to the situation.
Don't I know? My brother used to be a deputy in Walker County. I'm "slightly" familiar with how stuff works down there. They don't play. That's what I can say.

You ready for the upcoming football season? I am!

HFrog1999

BitterAgitatedAfricanmolesnake-size_restricted.gif

I worked at a car rental company and we rented to dealers and users all the time. It was a pain in the rear to vacuum out tobacco.

I repoed a car from Stop 6 and I was sweating the ride back to the office.

2cf5b635c1b15002e8b8f52ccd46cfae4967c7671adc6b5ba4214f5aeff98c6b

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Ditto when buying a used car.

Back in the day, commanders would advise their troops to get any used car they were considering buying (1) inspected by a mechanic they trusted; and (2) ask the local security police folks to do a courtesy drug dog check on the vehicle.

HFrog1999

Ditto when buying a used car.

Back in the day, commanders would advise their troops to get any used car they were considering buying (1) inspected by a mechanic they trusted; and (2) ask the local security police folks to do a courtesy drug dog check on the vehicle.

Especially if you buy this car

hulk.jpg