• The KillerFrogs

Seriously...Is Steel Gone For Good?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I'm confused by this post.

So he did or didn't stay at your place in Cabo. But never said thanks?

I offered it to Maniac for his honeymoon, but his boss wanted Jamaica instead. Do Steel sent me a PM and asked if he could have it. So I sent him the stuff to get him in. Never heard a word. I wish I had given the certificate of use to someone more appreciative now.

AroundWorldFrog

For some reason....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ifrog

GDU is not Steel--that I know for a fact. Both are attorneys. One lives in the cesspool of Dallas and the other the cesspool of Austin.
I figured as much. I was being sarcastic. But Hindry does raise my suspensions on occasion.

researchfrog

"Derivative" How so? Who else on here ellicits 3 pages speculation concerning their disappearance?

Are you familiar with Seth MacFarlane, creator of Family Guy?

Now imagine that instead of creating the Quagmire we all know and love, he stopped at the voice, a fast-talking 1950s ad man racing through lines in his Mid-Atlantic accent. While that might be funny for the occasional bit, it is not enough to sustain a character. Make sense?

On those rare occasions when I've bothered to read steel's dribblings, I found an odd pastiche of the satirists and writers of previous generations, sports columnists meeting gonzo journalists meeting National Lampoon's. If it had been well done, it would be one thing, but it wasn't. It was trite and boring, a bit player trying to force himself into the limelight. That's a comment on the character, not the actual person.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Now imagine that instead of creating the Quagmire we all know and love, he stopped at the voice, a fast-talking 1950s ad man racing through lines in his Mid-Atlantic accent. While that might be funny for the occasional bit, it is not enough to sustain a character. Make sense?

On those rare occasions when I've bothered to read steel's dribblings, I found an odd pastiche of the satirists and writers of previous generations, sports columnists meeting gonzo journalists meeting National Lampoon's. If it had been well done, it would be one thing, but it wasn't. It was trite and boring, a bit player trying to force himself into the limelight. That's a comment on the character, not the actual person.
You seem to have done a lot of research on this matter.

PhillyFrog

One could make a coherent argument that all literature after Shakespeare has been derivative.

Personally, I appreciate all creative expressions. Most specially, those from researchers.

BABYFACE

Actually thats not too far from the truth, so go ahead

For whatever reason, Steel has stopped talking to me, won't answer calls or emails and pretty much ended what I thought was a good friendship.

I have no reason as to why because he won't say.

So blame me or thank me, take your choice, but I miss his offbeat humor and wish that he would still hang out here.

Maybe if you would send a card every once in a while or chocolates on Valentines Day, Steel might feel appreciated. Come on Wes.