• The KillerFrogs

Selection Sunday Thread

Atomic Frawg

Playing Sam Houston first round
And we will host all games if we keep winning until the NITFF. So there's that.

I'm gonna say this, and then I will likely be pretty much done with the topic this year. I think far too much emphasis is given to merely MAKING the tournament. True, as an athlete, it gives you a shot at a natty. Realistically, few have a chance. The plus side is you get a bit of exposure if you manage to get out of the first round. Otherwise, you were just a sparring partner designed to fill a TV slot. I will not say teams don't catch the proverbial lightening in a bottle occasionally, but even those teams are typically senior-laden squads who've been together four years. How much of a bump to do you get in recruiting from saying we made the Big Dance and lost early? Who knows, but I would hope that wouldn't be a selling point. If you are a current player/returning player, you just learned a tough lesson about letting winnable games get away and turnovers.

Conversely, if you really aren't good enough to win the natty, having the potential to play in The Gardens and gettting a ring isn't a bad option. You get to play potentially more games against quality teams, and you have a realistic shot at hardware. I see teams super excited to win preseason tournaments. Winning the NIT is far beyond those. I went to MSG for our game, and I think if we get back there again (and win) it will do more for the betterment of our program than getting housed in the Dance. This is just my opinion. Feel free to differ.

4th. down

Again, Jamie is going to get us to the promise land which I think is a conference title and a final four appearance. That being said, he has the Cadillac Escalade Platinum series of a home basketball stadium in Schollmaier Arena and is in the Top 35 salaries of 351 DI coaches and has one of the most beautiful campuses in the US. Our expectations should be there. These Frogs better have a good attitude starting manana as we march to Madison Square Garden again and use it as another spring board for the 2020 season. Bane and Noi are superstars in the making and will fully emerge next Fall hopefully with a couple of new big body grad transfers in the paint to help us. Kenny Hustle was missed.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

NIT, not sure our heads will be together now. We can wail at the wailing wall all we want but losing to OU, OSU, and WV during our collapse was too much to overcome. Yes, 20 wins looks good and defeating the Big 12 Tournament Champion twice looks good but those 3 losses and the way we lost them looked bad for the program as we were free falling. For whatever reason, Noi and Miller couldn't be found during this time.

froglash88

NIT, not sure our heads will be together now. We can wail at the wailing wall all we want but losing to OU, OSU, and WV during our collapse was too much to overcome. Yes, 20 wins looks good and defeating the Big 12 Tournament Champion twice looks good but those 3 losses and the way we lost them looked bad for the program as we were free falling. For whatever reason, Noi and Miller couldn't be found during this time.

ThisIsOurTime

This news is disappointing. And a little extra salt on the wound to see that Ohio State gets in ahead of us just like the football playoffs from a few years ago.

LawFrog504

Really don't have any gripes tbh. We simply are not very good and didn't desrve to get in. We lost to OK State this year who put an ad in the newspaper this year holding tryouts. Regroup and hope Fuller is a stud

CountryFrog

Well, Noi was injured and out for 2 of those 3 games so that's the reason for not finding him.

CountryFrog

Really don't have any gripes tbh. We simply are not very good and didn't desrve to get in. We lost to OK State this year who put an ad in the newspaper this year holding tryouts. Regroup and hope Fuller is a stud
Not deserving because we weren't very good is the easy take but if that were the criteria for making the tournament then there'd only be about 40 teams in there.