• The KillerFrogs

Selection Sunday Thread

TX_Krötenechse

I dont think we belonged

I think UNC Greensboro or Furman should have been in over Temple.
I agree, I don’t think we deserved a bid. I’m just saying we weren’t left out because of some shady backroom business consideration, because much bigger schools than us were left out who had a chance to be in.

tcumaniac

Was at the the Fast break club watching party witch the coaches and players. Was pretty sad and awkward.

Everyone knew it wasn’t a guarantee, but they wouldn’t have hosted that if they weren’t pretty confident we were going to be in.

JD and Alex looked so sad :(

LeagueCityFrog

Tough to see a Florida Gator team with more losses than TCU in as a tenth seed. TCU beat Florida this year. Careless turnovers and free throws killed this team. I think this will be the worst team Jamie fields in his tenure at TCU.

Tough to see a Florida Gator team with more losses than TCU in as a tenth seed. TCU beat Florida this year. Careless turnovers and free throws killed this team. I think this will be the worst team Jamie fields in his tenure at TCU.
I just can’t put this season on JD. Of course, there were some fundamental things that could have been better, however, when only playing with 7 players, not having the ability to practice 5 on 5, and fatigue factors that cause mistakes, I loved the heart shown by the 7 that played and never quit. Those guys and the coaching staff deserve a huge “thank you” from TCU fans, not criticism.

ATC Frog

Went and searched out some NIT projections (and it may be because the vast majority of predictions had the Frogs in the actual dance), but after looking at about 3 sets, none have the frogs in.

Hoping that’s not the case.

CountryFrog

Went and searched out some NIT projections (and it may be because the vast majority of predictions had the Frogs in the actual dance), but after looking at about 3 sets, none have the frogs in.

Hoping that’s not the case.
I'm pretty sure the "first 4 out" automatically go into the NIT as the 4 one seeds.

I could be mistaken on that, but either way, we will 100% be receiving an invite to the NIT.

CountryFrog

When you play so me mediocre that you have to leave your fate in the hands of a committee, you really don’t have anything to whine about. We had plenty of chances to secure our spot and couldn’t.
I agree with this and this has always been my stance on the NCAA basketball tournament.

Even if the selection committee screwed us by putting even less deserving teams in the field, we screwed ourselves first by losing several very winnable games.

Dogfrog

When you play so me mediocre that you have to leave your fate in the hands of a committee, you really don’t have anything to whine about. We had plenty of chances to secure our spot and couldn’t.

TCU wasn’t the only team leaving its fate in the hands of the committee.

LeagueCityFrog

I just can’t put this season on JD. Of course, there were some fundamental things that could have been better, however, when only playing with 7 players, not having the ability to practice 5 on 5, and fatigue factors that cause mistakes, I loved the heart shown by the 7 that played and never quit. Those guys and the coaching staff deserve a huge “thank you” from TCU fans, not criticism.

This season was also partially defined by who Coach Dixon chose to give scholarships to. All freshman that came in this Fall, all but one, a total bust. Add in the injuries, non-clutch free throw shooting, and pointless turnovers, and blowing games we had hearty leads in and here we are. This season is going to be on coach Dixon's mind for a while. Don't forget we also have an assistant coach on his staff suspended right now too.

ATC Frog

I'm pretty sure the "first 4 out" automatically go into the NIT as the 4 one seeds.

I could be mistaken on that, but either way, we will 100% be receiving an invite to the NIT.

You’re correct in that, but I wasn’t sure if TCU was in the official first four out. If they talked about that on the broadcast, I had turned it off by that point.