• The KillerFrogs

Selection Sunday Thread

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Much smaller field. It's a harder tournament to get into for the women. I'd love to see them get in and I think Jordan Moore could carry our team to a win or two in the dance, but I won't be shocked if we're no invited.

tenor809056420b1dbaf5.gif

CountryFrog

Thanks. Do you disagree with what I'm saying?

I think what it comes down to is if the results don't come out the way you want as it pertains to your own team, then it's time to complain. About something. Just complain, because things didn't work out the way you wanted them so there has to be something wrong and something to blame. Not saying this personally about you, just in general.

We've got people complaining a team didn't get a bid that finished 7-11 in it's conference and whose best OOC win was against a 19-15 Florida team at home. But now the argument is in reverse, now we didn't get in because the committee wants a bunch of mid-majors. It's comical how predicable the masses are when things don't go their way.
I was just making an observation that seems to be true. I'm not complaining about not getting in the tournament. We finished 8th in a 10 team league. Whether we got screwed or not by the committee is inconsequential as far as I'm concerned because we should've won more games.

And I'm not going to derail this thread with another CFP debate in March.

AroundWorldFrog

link to a discussion my daughter sent to me.

the selection committee for the women's tournament committee provided a list of the 8 teams on the bubble so to speak. among those eight was tcu.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...62/tennessee-make-women-ncaa-tournament-field

what is interesting is the very same issue that come up about the men's record seem to put the women in peril. a weak non-conference schedule, only 2 wins over top 50 teams, and no win inside the top 100 outside the conference.

Thanks for the link. TCU has some really good metrics if they look. 1st or 2nd best defense in the Big 12 in almost every category among other things. I tried to watch as many games as I could and they pass the eye test. Honestly, if I had to say one or the other deserved it more, I believe the women deserve this more than the men did.

Eight

Thanks for the link. TCU has some really good metrics if they look. 1st or 2nd best defense in the Big 12 in almost every category among other things. I tried to watch as many games as I could and they pass the eye test. Honestly, if I had to say one or the other deserved it more, I believe the women deserve this more than the men did.

welcome and i agree they did better within the conference than the men.

women had a winning record and finished 6th overall, but they just don't have a signature win outside the conference from reading the article as opposed to some of their peers in the running for those final spots.

AroundWorldFrog

welcome and i agree they did better within the conference than the men.

women had a winning record and finished 6th overall, but they just don't have a signature win outside the conference from reading the article as opposed to some of their peers in the running for those final spots.
Yea, they had a chance to beat a decent BYU team at a neutral site and choked it up the last 3 minutes or so to lose. They also had a very good chance to beat Texas in Austin and in the tournament and blew both.

I still think they they grew tremendously over the season and hoping for them to get in.

4th. down

That's fine, but the post I was responding to was you mentioning 3 specific games, 2 of which Noi didn't even play in. So you can change it now to the last 4 games that he did play in but that wasn't what you said originally.

As for Miller, I have no idea why anyone would ever expect consistent scoring from him. He's never been consistent as a scorer or shooter in his 4 years. So him disappearing for any stretch of games is nothing new.

I don't know how you do it Country, but you miss the entire point. Let's move on to something in Frogdom that's constructive.