• The KillerFrogs

Sci Martin will not sign with a school today. He's postponing his commitment to weigh his options.

TX_Krötenechse

Jefffrog1993 said:
The LSU Alabama Bidding war is over 500K and going higher by the day.   At this rate the kid and his family might be millionaires if they wait another week.  
If we are just pulling made-up bullsh out of our asses, I heard that LSU offered to buy him a yacht and Alabama offered a private island, and he is trying to figure out how to get both

tcudoc

TX_Krötenechse said:
If we are just pulling made-up bullsh out of our asses, I heard that LSU offered to buy him a yacht and Alabama offered a private island, and he is trying to figure out how to get both
Then he should call Eric Dickerson for some tips.

TX_Krötenechse said:
Well now he needs a private dock on the island for the Yacht to park in.

Opintel

Moderators
This wouldn't be the young man that CGP referenced living in a tough neighborhood (they did not want anyone that lived there to better themselves),  unless it was to attend the school of their preference?

sandiegojack

saw a post that his HS coach said he might sign next week.  He is now looking at Alabama, Oklahoma, Arizona State, A$M, and South Carolina.

sdj

DaCrief

sandiegojack said:
saw a post that his HS coach said he might sign next week.  He is now looking at Alabama, Oklahoma, Arizona State, A$M, and South Carolina.

sdj

And we thought it would be DCG who would do this. Tough decision. 

berryfrog95

sandiegojack said:

sdj
Ummm...I thought they were trying to simplify the decision not muddy the waters more. I can't say I'm impressed with the family like some of you....it's a bit 'odd'

Moose Stuff

berryfrog95 said:
Ummm...I thought they were trying to simplify the decision not muddy the waters more. I can't say I'm impressed with the family like some of you....it's a bit 'odd'
Sci seems like a good kid so I don't mean this as an indictment of him personally but situations like this rarely end up with the player being a productive college player. The factors that are leading him to this point will always be present.

netty2424

sandiegojack said:

sdj
If this is true, it dispels the myth that momma wanted him closer to home.

Strange.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Opintel said:
This wouldn't be the young man that CGP referenced living in a tough neighborhood (they did not want anyone that lived there to better themselves),  unless it was to attend the school of their preference?
Yes. This is also the kid Anderson was talking about that called him to come talk to him last Saturday during an in home recruiting visit. He went down to Louisiana to see him, and he was crying while he was talking to him with his girlfriend sitting beside him wearing a LSU t-shirt.

ms19

Moose Stuff said:
Sci seems like a good kid so I don't mean this as an indictment of him personally but situations like this rarely end up with the player being a productive college player. The factors that are leading him to this point will always be present.
Great post! 

Punter1

tcuhf93 said:
Are Mom and Dad 17 as well? I thought we were singing their praises here. If it's not what the family wanted, why commit in the first place?

Wow. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking your time and making the right decision. He committed, thought he made his final choice and changed his mind. Who darning cares??? The kid probably has 50 people in his ear (and MAYBE a few in his wallet) and he is trying to sort it all out....not to mention 3 very big time schools after him that are telling him "Go ahead, take your time." 

Give the kid...and his parents a break. This process isn't always as easy as it looks.

TCU_22

Seriously some of y'all need to relax. None of us truly knows what's going on and there is nothing wrong with a 17 year old taking his time and making sure he and his family are truly comfortable with where he spends his next 4 years of his life.

texas_sicilian

I just hope he does what he thinks is right for him. I was blessed to have parents that let me make my own decision on where I went to school, because they trusted my judgement and wanted me to happy - first and foremost.

Luckily, I also had a younger, out of state girlfriend that didn't care where I went to school that could have clouded my mind.

West Coast Johnny

sandiegojack said:

sdj
If I'm the coaches, I wish Sci well, tell him to call them if he wants to commit, and then go on vacation.