• The KillerFrogs

Reseating question

flyfishingfrog

I am sure as a loyal fan of more than five decades who sat through the worst of the worst TCU will scheiss me. Like they did in the reseating after renovation.
Oh the are totally going to screw a ton of people

whoever came up with this approach is a pure ass greedy SOB

the same 2000 season ticket holders are the only ones going to EVERY home game this year?

I think we have like 8000 season ticket holders

how difficult is it to allow everyone at least a couple of games?

but then that would not allowed the top of the list to attend every game....

literally zero give a crap went into this approach

Dogfrog

the same 2000 season ticket holders are the only ones going to EVERY home game this year?

With reports that many people are opting out of the season, plus the tickets freed up by the max 4 per account, I would guess you could have top 30-50% PP rank with access to seats. All participants had originally purchased full season tickets. If they had offered people a partial season with no choice of games you would have many, many more people opting out IMO.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

With reports that many people are opting out of the season, plus the tickets freed up by the max 4 per account, I would guess you could have top 30-50% PP rank with access to seats. All participants had originally purchased full season tickets. If they had offered people a partial season with no choice of games you would have many, many more people opting out IMO.
Doubt you get close to 50%
8000 seats aren’t going to far even with A max of 4 seats per person

ticketfrog123

Doubt you get close to 50%
8000 seats aren’t going to far even with A max of 4 seats per person

the number of people (especially with kids and the school issues) who are willing to go to football games on top of everything else in 2020 is lower than you think.

There's a chart somewhere that somebody else is much better than I at finding, but it shows PP rank by points and maybe it's a graph, too. I think anybody with >80 points will get a seat.

Informally, I've heard at least ~30% have opted out and I doubt it'll be as rough as your original estimate. My anecdotal sample size is higher than 50% among the young alumni I know. Most people would rather take the refund and not deal with this reseating process.

Moose Stuff

the number of people (especially with kids and the school issues) who are willing to go to football games on top of everything else in 2020 is lower than you think.

There's a chart somewhere that somebody else is much better than I at finding, but it shows PP rank by points and maybe it's a graph, too. I think anybody with >80 points will get a seat.

Informally, I've heard at least ~30% have opted out and I doubt it'll be as rough as your original estimate. My anecdotal sample size is higher than 50% among the young alumni I know. Most people would rather take the refund and not deal with this reseating process.

One thing I'm certain of is that no matter the final outcome people on here will complain about it.

ticketfrog123

One thing I'm certain of is that no matter the final outcome people on here will complain about it.

true, but if you're complaining about your seat when other conferences aren't even playing this year...you might need your own reality TV show.

reboot of that one called "GCB" could be fitting...maybe GCMB...good christian man-b1tches

flyfishingfrog

Even if you are correct - which I doubt since 4 seats is already a huge reduction in tickets for the average account in the top 1000

If 50% of people opt out - you will still have less than 50% of season ticket holders get seats

Other schools have designed plans so that every season ticket holder that wants to attend a game will get the chance to at least 1 game this year even with reduced capacity

but as usual, TCU takes the easy way out to support the big money donors and goes with an all or nothing approach to getting tickets

and I will get tickets - so not like I am one of the people getting screwed- but I will give them all to the my kids and grandkids- ones that likely won’t

NewFrogFan

So I am guessing the Club levels on both sides are part of the12k, if so anyone really know how many seats are in play for the rest of the stadium?

tcumaniac

I disagree with you here (and fwiw, I tend to find myself almost always agreeing with you).

I could certainly be wrong, but I get the impression a surprisingly large number of people have chosen just to opt out of this season. My dad is almost 60 and very few of his peers, many of them die hard frogs, are planning to attend games this year. I'm almost 30 and almost none of my TCU friends plan to renew their tickets this year. Instead of messing with masks and what's likely an unfun environment, they all would just prefer to watch on TV for free. Someone did a poll on the 247 site (where people love TCU football so much they pay to hear what teenagers think of our school), and more than 60% of those that participated are opting out this year.

It honestly surprises me how many people just chose to opt out without even going through the selection process. And that brings me to my next point: even with only approximately 8,000 seats available to season ticket holders, I'm not convinced we even sell that out. With the way the stadium is spaced, desirable seats locations will get taken up rather quickly. I think a lot of people that don't pick within the first few days will get to their selection time and be pretty disappointed with the available inventory and ultimately choose to opt out after all. Even as obsessed with TCU football as I am, it would be hard to convince me to pay full price to sit in bad seats in a quiet and mostly empty stadium while not being allowed to tailgate and being forced to wear a mask the entire time.

All that being said, I expect that pretty much everyone that wants season tickets this year will ultimately get a chance at some. Guess we'll find out within the next week or so.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Another question is are they planning to keep it at 25% all season? The state is allowing 50%. By the time we get into October they should be able to open to more people as hopefully cases continue trending downward.

tcumaniac

Another question is are they planning to keep it at 25% all season? The state is allowing 50%. By the time we get into October they should be able to open to more people as hopefully cases continue trending downward.
It’s a good question. Not sure how that would be fairly handled though.

Big Frog II

I'm glad it's not at 50%. I don't think you could keep people safe with that many in attendance. Perhaps if the Covid rate were to drop to next to nothing, I guess they could sell more tickets where the empties are currently, but I highly doubt that is going to happen.

NewFrogFan

I'm glad it's not at 50%. I don't think you could keep people safe with that many in attendance. Perhaps if the Covid rate were to drop to next to nothing, I guess they could sell more tickets where the empties are currently, but I highly doubt that is going to happen.

I’ll give you 90 million reasons why they will come up with something versus do nothing if things get even moderately better. In fact, if another school does it first, then another, watch what happens. My airline was all to ready to [ Finebaum ]can no one in middle seats when regionals that had no middle seats were stuffing the jet full from the start.

What time does this start?

Last edited: