• The KillerFrogs

Reseating question

flyfishingfrog

Excuse is one way to describe it I suppose, if you disagree. Those who don't, probably call them legitimate reasons or concerns. And they are valid despite your obvious dismissal.
again - I am sure everyone feels their reason is legitimate - doesn't change the fact that we underperformed as a total fanbase compared with the competition.

You are what your record says your are.....

So maybe when Tech fans make fun of us....they are right and we are delusional.

researchfrog

How many tickets did you get this year?

I typically have more than 4, but only renewed 3 for this season. I wonder if they only sent it to accounts that got the max allotted 4 seats (which, imo, would be a mistake, because I'm sure there are accounts that got less than 4 tickets, but would have purchased more than that if everyone in their group was able to attend).

Call the ticket office.They'll probably understand and let you get more.

HFrog12

ok - but since evidently based on sales other schools in the B12 didn't have as much of a problem as we did - all that crap is just excuses.

Hell without even selling tickets for September at all, I was told even Kansas managed to outsell us for October and November games even with telling people they would not be allowed in for September.

I am sure everyone individually has what they feel is a legitimate reason to not buy tickets - but overall as a fanbase, it still means we suck. So when we all complain about our overall program not living up to P5 standards and when the time comes for a new coach and its not a top candidate like we "feel" we deserve - these are some examples of why that occurs.

The cost thing is a real BS excuse - TCU has literally told us a million times you can get your money back if they don't play the games. Did it for baseball, did it for football for fans that didn't pick seats, etc.

If someone doesn't want to go, they should not go. But freedom of choice and the demonstrated results does not make us a great fanbase. We are really G5 when it comes to fans.

Everyone has their own reasons. I became
much happier as a fan when stopped comparing our situation to other schools. The demographic and sheer quantity of alumni are not comparable to any school in the B12. I used to get frustrated and then just decided to accept that unless we are good and playing a big matchup then AGCS won’t reach its full potential. Even baylor has close to twice our enrollment and has for a long time.

There are things that get harped on that I agree TCU should work to fix, like the west side lower bowl. It doesn’t make sense to have rows that wide and have the best seats reduced and go unused.

But if you think there is anything that will solve not selling out a covid allotment or stadium other than a great team, good weather, and good matchup then you will constantly be disappointed. The only long term solution is to stop taking half of the enrollment from out of state, who won’t come back after graduation, and increase enrollment by 2x.

Big Frog II

Having half of our students from out of state doesn't mean all go back home after they graduate. They go where there's a job. Fortunately the DFW area is one of the hottest job markets in the nation. Well if you don't count the virus blip.

Bob Sugar

How many tickets did you get this year?

I typically have more than 4, but only renewed 3 for this season. I wonder if they only sent it to accounts that got the max allotted 4 seats (which, imo, would be a mistake, because I'm sure there are accounts that got less than 4 tickets, but would have purchased more than that if everyone in their group was able to attend).
I maxed out and upgraded. 5 tickets to four, but no email. Probably being sent by PP order.

HFrog12

Having half of our students from out of state doesn't mean all go back home after they graduate. They go where there's a job. Fortunately the DFW area is one of the hottest job markets in the nation. Well if you don't count the virus blip.

While I agree a lot stick around, I think it is more complex than just where they end up. Look at the landscape of the Pac12 right now. People out west just don't care that much about football. A lot of California guys and gals that were at TCU when I was their didn't give a hoot about the game. I am not saying it is like that for every west coast alum. However, the Cali guys and gals were always more interested in the social aspect and the tailgating then my born and raised Texas friends that actually cared about the game.

I think that actual number of alums/enrollment, or lack there of, is a much bigger component. However, I think out of state students and the fact that TCU has traditionally been female heavy plays a role also.

I am coming now - I was going to give my seats to my kids when I thought I would get my 4 but they would not.

However I did not take into account the suckage of our fanbase - so now everyone was able to get seats on their own account and with a little help from "dad" - they are all even in the same section.

Now that they all have their own - so I will be in my own seats.
After about 5 posts, I think we get it now. You’re disappointed with the fan base.
You can shut up about it now.