• The KillerFrogs

Purdue Game - Who is going?

Moose Stuff

They have a ton of question marks. Imagine having Reagor and very little else..That’s the Purdue offense going into the season to go along with a bad defense. I don’t care how creative and smart Brohm is, if we loose that one we probably aren’t even bowl game material.

We lost to Kansas and made a bowl game last year.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
My bride and I will be there. We have been to Frog games in 11 states, but never in Indiana. We are going into Indianapolis on Thursday before the game. Any suggestions on things to do for a couple of days in Indiana before the game?

If you are staying in Indy stop by the 500 museum, take a lap around the track (in a van), eat at St Elmo’s Steakhouse (Peyton Manning’s fave), there is a wolf preserve near Lafayette, Tippecanoe Battlefield (of Tippecanoe and Tyler Too Fame), There is a little town called Columbus known for its architecture just east, The Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton is only few hours away, The West Baden Resort south of Indy in IN’s Hill Country is nice. Vida is a very good restaurant downtown. There are covered bridges all over if you are into that stuff. There is Indiana’s version of Williamsburg (not even close) called Conner Prairie about 20 minutes away. Lucas Oil Stadium has tours. The NCAA HQ has a museum, I wasn’t impressed. Nothing close to the one in Atlanta. Notre Dame is kind of a hike, but it is something to check off the bucket list. Stay away if they are home as they double the cost of everything. If you need hotel recommendations, let me know.

Virginia Frog

If you are staying in Indy stop by the 500 museum, take a lap around the track (in a van), eat at St Elmo’s Steakhouse (Peyton Manning’s fave), there is a wolf preserve near Lafayette, Tippecanoe Battlefield (of Tippecanoe and Tyler Too Fame), There is a little town called Columbus known for its architecture just east, The Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton is only few hours away, The West Baden Resort south of Indy in IN’s Hill Country is nice. Vida is a very good restaurant downtown. There are covered bridges all over if you are into that stuff. There is Indiana’s version of Williamsburg (not even close) called Conner Prairie about 20 minutes away. Lucas Oil Stadium has tours. The NCAA HQ has a museum, I wasn’t impressed. Nothing close to the one in Atlanta. Notre Dame is kind of a hike, but it is something to check off the bucket list. Stay away if they are home as they double the cost of everything. If you need hotel recommendations, let me know.
Thanks for your tour recommendations:

A few thoughts,

Folks, save your $ on the NCAA "Championship" Museum. Really. A waste, you have better use for your money.
The Dayton AF Museum is huge and if you're a buff, plan two days. And free!
Columbus, Indiana the town. It's is really cool and worth at least one-half day. Buildings, public, municipal and private, designed by famous and esteemed architects from all over the world.

Also, Indy has more US war memorials than any city not named Washington, DC.

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Thanks for your tour recommendations:

A few thoughts,

Folks, save your $ on the NCAA "Championship" Museum. Really. A waste, you have better use for your money.
The Dayton AF Museum is huge and if you're a buff, plan two days. And free!
Columbus, Indiana the town. It's is really cool and worth at least one-half day. Buildings, public, municipal and private, designed by famous and esteemed architects from all over the world.

Also, Indy has more US war memorials than any city not named Washington, DC.

I don’t recall having to pay anything to get un the NCAA Museum, either way it was disappointing. But about what you’d expect from the ncaa.

Purp

I went to the Toyota forklift plant in Columbus a couple years ago. Really cool town. Wish I could have spent more time there.