1. The KillerFrogs

Purdue Game - Who is going?

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Wog68, Jul 17, 2019.

1. We lost to Kansas and made a bowl game last year.

2. Ha Ha Good Point....

3. If you are staying in Indy stop by the 500 museum, take a lap around the track (in a van), eat at St Elmo’s Steakhouse (Peyton Manning’s fave), there is a wolf preserve near Lafayette, Tippecanoe Battlefield (of Tippecanoe and Tyler Too Fame), There is a little town called Columbus known for its architecture just east, The Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton is only few hours away, The West Baden Resort south of Indy in IN’s Hill Country is nice. Vida is a very good restaurant downtown. There are covered bridges all over if you are into that stuff. There is Indiana’s version of Williamsburg (not even close) called Conner Prairie about 20 minutes away. Lucas Oil Stadium has tours. The NCAA HQ has a museum, I wasn’t impressed. Nothing close to the one in Atlanta. Notre Dame is kind of a hike, but it is something to check off the bucket list. Stay away if they are home as they double the cost of everything. If you need hotel recommendations, let me know.

InstaFrog likes this.
  4. And they did beat Duh Ohio State...

Salfrog likes this.
  5. #45 Virginia Frog, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Thanks for your tour recommendations:

A few thoughts,

Folks, save your $ on the NCAA "Championship" Museum. Really. A waste, you have better use for your money.
    The Dayton AF Museum is huge and if you're a buff, plan two days. And free!
    Columbus, Indiana the town. It's is really cool and worth at least one-half day. Buildings, public, municipal and private, designed by famous and esteemed architects from all over the world.

Also, Indy has more US war memorials than any city not named Washington, DC.

6. I booked yesterday.

7. I don’t recall having to pay anything to get un the NCAA Museum, either way it was disappointing. But about what you’d expect from the ncaa.

8. I went to the Toyota forklift plant in Columbus a couple years ago. Really cool town. Wish I could have spent more time there.

9. Any idea on team hotel

10. I have a couple of composite suppliers up there.... I might have to schedule a work trip :)

11. Bumping this thread. Me and some of the bros going. Anyone know what the best lots for tailgating are?

Wog68 likes this.
  12. I’m flying into Indianapolis late Saturday morning and driving or Ubering over. Haven’t gotten that far yet.

But I’ll be there

netty2424 and Wog68 like this.
  13. Hoping the offense stays at a Holiday Inn Express

Bob Sugar, Raw Frog, jnhall and 2 others like this.
  14. I'll be there with my wife and two friends. Frogs need to bring the heat!

Wog68 likes this.
  15. My son and I will be there. Hitting the 500 museum and tour Sat morning.

16. Flying into Chicago and driving down.

17. I’ll be there + 3...... cubs game Friday afternoon,

18. Bob Sugar likes this.
  19. Frognosticator + 5. Want to see that planetarium before the game.