• The KillerFrogs

Purdue Feels Sorry For TCU

Wexahu

What would you propose the best way to defense him?

Know where he is on every play and make sure everyone knows their assignment and carries it out. Not sure we’ve ever assigned a player to cover a guy all game in GPs time here and I don’t think the idea of letting a player like that completely take you out of what you normally do is a good idea.

4th. down

assuming he’s a receiver, get between him and the QB and either catch it before he does or bat it to the ground. pretty easy.

Not a good idea, ask Orlando if he still wants to front that LSU receiver on LSU's 1st. TD and Aranda if he wants to continue to do the same on Texas 1st. TD - you'll learn. Better have a better scheme than this fronting the receiver if you want to control Rondale. GP/Modkins will have it figured out, at least beginning the 2nd. half.

SnoSki

Purdue has essentially zero running attack.

Vandy allowed 325 rush yards to UGA in week 1 and somehow held Purdue to just 31 yesterday.

Nevada spotted Oregon 221 rushing yards yesterday but Purdue could only muster 96 in week one.

Not to mention they have a QB who runs like Eli Manning.

I’d be a lot more nervous if they had a major run threat or if their QB was a scrambler.

Thus far this year their pass/run ratio is essentially 2.5/1. It’ll be like playing Tech with a non-running QB. They’ve attempted more passes than any other team so far.

Last edited:

jake102

I think the sooner we accept that moore will
Probably get his 125 and 1-2 TD, we will be okay. It’s the other ones you can’t allow out in the open when we double-team/spy Moore.

Agreed, although I hope not 2 TDs. I’m pretty terrified of Scott and Stewart being in man coverage every single play

Froggish

If your Purdue you’d ideally want Moore on a LB or the Freshman...I’d bet their strategy is to line their big TE and Moore up on the same side of the field and force TCU into coverage decisions. Normally we see the SAM LB (LVZ or Winters) Line up on the TE side but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t trail Moore with Gaines anytime he’s in the slot. If he’s on the outside we’ll likely see Gladney on him. GP will probably alternate trailing him with Gaines or Gladney depending on whether he lines up inside or outside. I don’t know if we can control him but if we can’t do it with those two, we can’t do it.

Success against vertical machines like Purdue really is about not giving them the vertical routs and big plays they want. Make them throw short balls and get to 3rd downs. If they beat you..so be it. Big play teams hate 3rd downs because they have to be efficient and mistake free. Generally they get impatient and force balls..We need to frustrate them by taking away their big plays and force them play efficiently..If they have to march down the field and convert 3rd downs over and over we will get the W. They aren’t built to play that kind of football..

Well, one thing is for certain we are going to find out if the Arkansas PB game was an aberration or simply Gary's

cleverly designed ruse to deceive.

y2kFrog

I think the sooner we accept that moore will
Probably get his 125 and 1-2 TD, we will be okay. It’s the other ones you can’t allow out in the open when we double-team/spy Moore.

I'm pretty sure GP concedes 125 and 2 to no one. With Purdue's inability to run the football there are going to be 7 or 8 in coverage at all times.