• The KillerFrogs

Purdue Feels Sorry For TCU

Froggish

It should be noted that Vandy actually did a pretty good job of keeping Moore in check. The numbers aren’t completely indicative of that. They force feed him the ball and throw it 50 times a game. Imagine how many catches we would get Reagor if we threw it that much. In my opinion, his touchdown and was the result of fluke play. He scored on a 3rd and 14 crossing rout that the referee essentially blocked the defender on his behalf. If he catches that without the help of the referee he is tackled 3-4 yards short of the 1st and they only get a FG. He caught a 70yard pass that was just a really bad play by the Vandy CB that I’m confident we make all day. It’s the TE position that won the game for them. They got 5 catches and 3 TDS out of the TE position..All but one of their TDS came on crossing or seem routs..

All that to say we are worried about our corners and I think it’s going to be the middle field backend that wins or loses us the game..LVZ, Gaines, Moehrig, Scott...It’s all on their shoulders

Last edited:

Froggish

Agreed, although I hope not 2 TDs. I’m pretty terrified of Scott and Stewart being in man coverage every single play

I think it’s going to happen quite a bit because you can’t double Moore or the TE without it...It’s bait game and GP has to give looks that slow and confuse their QB. If we dial up a lot of blitzing we better get there

LVH

Brilliant! Call Modkins ASAP.

Purdue opened up - 1 1/2 and is now - 3 1/2 FWIW.

The only book with a line on this game is the book at The D in Downtown Las Vegas that is still in an experimental phase. I would not take any line seriously until Pinnacle or Wynn come out with their lines.

But I will be very surprised if we are dogs. Sagarin, FPI, S&P, pretty much every rating system out there has us well ahead of Purdue. For example on Sagarin we are 30 and Purdue is 110... and we will be dogs? No.

LVH

It should be noted that Vandy actually did a pretty good job of keeping Moore in check. The numbers aren’t completely indicative of that. They force feed him the ball and throw it 50 times a game. Imagine how many catches we would get Reagor if we through it that much. In my opinion, his touchdown and was the result of fluke play. He scored on a 3rd and 14 crossing rout that the referee essentially blocked the defender on his behalf. If he catches that without the help of the referee he is tackled 3-4 yards short of the 1st and they only get a FG. He caught a 70yard pass that was just a really bad play by the Vandy CB that I’m confident we make all day. It’s the TE position that won the game for them. They got 5 catches and 3 TDS out of the TE position..All but one of their TDS came on crossing or seem routs..

All that to say we are worried about our corners and I think it’s going to be the middle field backend that wins or loses us the game..LVZ, Gaines, Moehrig, Scott...It’s all on their shoulders

Glad to see someone else watched the game. I watched it closely because I bet on Vanderbilt, and even though my bet lost, I still would make it again. I thought Vanderbilt's defensive scheming was fine, it was their execution that ruined them. They took bad angles on balls in the air which should have been batted down, and the referee making the block on 3rd and 14 was a backbreaker for sure.

There was also another key play in the game. Vanderbilt was down by 9 I think, and the Purdue QB grounded the ball in the end zone, but for whatever reason the referee picked up the flag and waved it off even though it was clearly grounding. If this doesn't happen Purdue gets the ball back down 7, but instead Purdue scores a TD a couple plays later to put the game away.

Rondale Moore will get his yards, the key to the game is not to let their other players beat us. If we can do that we will be fine.

Froggish

correct me if i am wrong but jalen i thought did go for 70+ yards and a long touchdown last week?

True and we were clearly spreading it around to try out a few new bells and whistles in the passing game. I think in tight games you’re going to see him get more targets

OmniscienceFrog

It should be noted that Vandy actually did a pretty good job of keeping Moore in check. The numbers aren’t completely indicative of that. They force feed him the ball and throw it 50 times a game. Imagine how many catches we would get Reagor if we through it that much. In my opinion, his touchdown and was the result of fluke play. He scored on a 3rd and 14 crossing rout that the referee essentially blocked the defender on his behalf. If he catches that without the help of the referee he is tackled 3-4 yards short of the 1st and they only get a FG. He caught a 70yard pass that was just a really bad play by the Vandy CB that I’m confident we make all day. It’s the TE position that won the game for them. They got 5 catches and 3 TDS out of the TE position..All but one of their TDS came on crossing or seem routs..

routes

TX_Krötenechse

We have a history of shutting down teams’ number one receivers. Moore is a terrific player, but GP has two weeks to figure out a way to keep him covered without exposing the rest of the field. I’m not worried about it.

I *am* worried about whether or not our offense will be able to do anything. They need to eat clock and gas Purdue’s defense early and then mix in a vertical attack to set up chunk plays. But I don’t know how well we will do.

ticketfrog123

Glad to see someone else watched the game. I watched it closely because I bet on Vanderbilt, and even though my bet lost, I still would make it again. I thought Vanderbilt's defensive scheming was fine, it was their execution that ruined them. They took bad angles on balls in the air which should have been batted down, and the referee making the block on 3rd and 14 was a backbreaker for sure.

There was also another key play in the game. Vanderbilt was down by 9 I think, and the Purdue QB grounded the ball in the end zone, but for whatever reason the referee picked up the flag and waved it off even though it was clearly grounding. If this doesn't happen Purdue gets the ball back down 7, but instead Purdue scores a TD a couple plays later to put the game away.

Rondale Moore will get his yards, the key to the game is not to let their other players beat us. If we can do that we will be fine.

Vanderbilt is a terrible team. I think they gifted Purdue the game...really not impressed with their offense this year given how absent the Vanderbilt D and coverage were

SnoSki

I watched Purdue/Vandy as well and thought Purdue looked weak in coverage vs screen passes to the flats... which is good for us

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The Frog Defense will be fine. They'll get a few big plays, but overall Purdue will spend a very frustrating afternoon of not getting anything to work on offense.

The issue will be our Offense. Can the Frog offensive brain trust get the line, the receivers, backs and QB (both) all working together with poise, efficiency, confidence and wee bit of panache? Or, will the offense be a whole lot of backs bumbling into each other, blocks missed, dropped balls, and errant passes? Who knows? The Frog Offense hasn't run like a well-oiled precision machine since early 2015, with notable exceptions in early 2017 and a couple of games in Waco. Yeah, injuries, I know. But replacing one or two guys shouldn't heave a big monkey wrench into the gears of what was a well-oiled machine.

This year is an important one for making decisions. Exhibit A will be offensive performance.

Eight

Was just told Jalen was practicing yesterday and was fine. So hopefully nothing.

latest

you do realize they will find your source.

FrogCop19

Know where he is on every play and make sure everyone knows their assignment and carries it out. Not sure we’ve ever assigned a player to cover a guy all game in GPs time here and I don’t think the idea of letting a player like that completely take you out of what you normally do is a good idea.
Didn't they try that with Washington from Okie Light? You know, when they lit us up for eleventy-billion yards?

Latest posts