• The KillerFrogs

POLL: What Capacity Should TCU Outdoor Sporting Events Currently Be At?

What Capacity Should TCU Outdoor Sporting Events Currently Be At?

• 100%

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • 25%

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • 0% (It is not safe for fans to attend games)

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters

Zubaz

I think somewhere between 25-50% is reasonable for outdoor events right now. I also think that answer will change here in the next 30-60-90 days as the long term impact of the vaccine takes hold and hopefully proves to keep hospitalizations / deaths down.

CountryFrog

so we know where you fall on the leader, fast follower, slow to adopt scale.....
I don't believe it's reasonable to expect any university's athletic department to be leaders in COVID-19 response. You can certainly think what they're doing is wrong because all of this is opinion but the idea that TCU or any other school should take it upon themselves to be a leader in this particular area is unreasonable imo.

And ultimately how many people get into the stadium is hurting them more than its hurting any of us so I'm sure they'd love to get back to 100% attendance with no restrictions at all very soon.

flyfishingfrog

I don't believe it's reasonable to expect any university's athletic department to be leaders in COVID-19 response. You can certainly think what they're doing is wrong because all of this is opinion but the idea that TCU or any other school should take it upon themselves to be a leader in this particular area is unreasonable imo.

And ultimately how many people get into the stadium is hurting them more than its hurting any of us so I'm sure they'd love to get back to 100% attendance with no restrictions at all very soon.
There is a big difference between leading the national response to COVID and being the first university in the B12 to call [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] on limiting seating to an outdoor event

but we won't even do that - we will wait for UT or OU to do it and then follow them because our AD has to get dad to say yes before we do anything really.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Great idea. Does anyone know who is running this Cracker Jack outfit?

source.gif

CountryFrog

There is a big difference between leading the national response to COVID and being the first university in the B12 to call [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] on limiting seating to an outdoor event

but we won't even do that - we will wait for UT or OU to do it and then follow them because our AD has to get dad to say yes before we do anything really.
I obviously wasn't referring to leading the national COVID-19 response.

As for your 2nd paragraph, if that's truly how you view the TCU leadership then there's certainly not anything that I or anyone else can possibly say that's going to change your mind about that. So flame away.

PurpleBlood87

I would prefer if I was the only one allowed in - not because I don't feel safe but because I really don't like most of you and just want the entire event to be played for my enjoyment....

Maybe even get to pick the line ups on both sides...

One change is for baseball - I would like Moose to attend and bring his radar gun - I would like to know how juiced our gun is that shows up on the board.

The stadium radar gun is at least three mph high.

PurpleBlood87

TCU athletics made a mental health house call to you and you’re still responding this way?

this sounds like it’s the worst thing thats ever happened to you, if so consider yourself blessed this is the biggest life issue on your plate

My feeling was the TCU welfare check was more a guise for my new account supervisor to ask if I knew anyone to contact regarding group sales or contacts I could pass along who might want to purchase football season tickets.

flyfishingfrog

I obviously wasn't referring to leading the national COVID-19 response.

As for your 2nd paragraph, if that's truly how you view the TCU leadership then there's certainly not anything that I or anyone else can possibly say that's going to change your mind about that. So flame away.
You ever asked VBo about his perspective on what TCU's role should be in the athletic leadership of the B12 conference? He is happy to talk about it with anyone that asks.

I would have thought his perspective that athletics should benefit the school but not rock the boat or push the risk envelope was pretty obvious when we had to select our latest AD and the process that was used

Endless Purple

I voted 25% just because all the people that are so concern about letting everyone know "a mask doesn't protect you from covid" should get to squirm longer. Mask protect others, not yourself, and if everyone would just suck it up and not go on and on about me me me me, then it could be less of an issue. Mask suck, but I have no desire to get my neighbor or students sick.

Plus % really doesn't matter if they do not enforce the distance aspect a little.