• The KillerFrogs

Per NBC DFW: A "mass casualty incident" on Interstate 35W just north of downtown Fort Worth,

Pharm Frog

We’re now on our third outage

They aren’t leaving the power on long enough for the house to heat back up

We’re down to 60 inside and I have a fire going

Same here. (except I haven’t built a fire yet this AM). For some reason all my smoke alarms went crazy at the same time with the power off at 5:15a. Had to pull batteries to get them to shut up. Not liking having to do that.

HFrog1999

No they hung up on me honestly. “ due to extremely high call volumes we cannot take your call at this time. Try again later.“

giphy.gif

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Wow, colder than here, it is 12 in Indy! Unfortunately it’s headed here with 7” to 12” of snow by tomorrow. I remember when it would get in the teens in Houston and everyone was was out wrapping pipes a freaking. A high of 35 was like the end of the world.

Bundle up, wear loose fitting layers and stay warm!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Just in case you think it's truly cold there:

View attachment 8569

Keep in mind, my car reads three degrees warmer than actual temp...

Brass monkeys not doing well here in MN.

Big difference when it is not that uncommon in one place and the end of civilization in another. When we moved here from Texas and -17 was forecast I thought I would die until remember people in Minnesota think it’s just another day during winter. I learned to deal with it, unless there is wind, in which case it’s screw it and stay inside time...

Last edited:

Boomhauer

Lost power at 2am in Lake Highlands (NE Dallas). Came back on at 3am, then went back off at 5am and finally came back on at 9am. Was about 56 in my house at the time it came on.

Eight

It will almost certainly have to be part of the answer if some of the more optimistic fossil fuel free energy dreams have a snowballs chance unless quantum leaps in electricity storage are made over the next decade.

the inefficiency in the transmission of electricity via powerlines and the problems with storing electricity effectively and efficiently are the elephants in the room no one on the green side seem to want to recognize

Latest posts