• The KillerFrogs

Per NBC DFW: A "mass casualty incident" on Interstate 35W just north of downtown Fort Worth,

namollec

People need to slow down when driving in these conditions.
And learn how to drive carefully on ice.

Be careful; be safe.

Frog-in-law1995

Probably would have been in it if I’d gone into work today. That’s some scary stuff. Southbound rush hour traffic bottlenecks at the Belknap exit only lane as everybody tries to squeeze back onto southbound lanes. And it backs up all the way past Northside drive, which is right after the highway adds a 4th lane and appears to open up. Accidents are going to happen there every time ice is on the road.

LVH

I 35 W has been a mess for a long time. It's always under construction that never seems to end, and has some pretty tough merges.

If you are coming in from the mid cities on 121 West and are trying to get to I-30 west, you have to cross the entire length of I 35 W in less than a mile to get to the I-30 W exit ramp. It's always a dangerous situation unless there are no cars on the road.

Chongo94

I 35 W has been a mess for a long time. It's always under construction that never seems to end, and has some pretty tough merges.

If you are coming in from the mid cities on 121 West and are trying to get to I-30 west, you have to cross the entire length of I 35 W in less than a mile to get to the I-30 W exit ramp. It's always a dangerous situation unless there are no cars on the road.

Seriously, that section of highway is one of the most poorly designed roads I’ve ever been on. And if you’re going north, you’ve got the two entrance ramps from 280 that suddenly become one road while people are also trying to exit from 35 to get on 121...or however that section is, if I halfway remember correctly.

Honestly those two portions of 35 remind me of Days of Thunder where Tom Cruise is coming up on the smoke and just floors it, closes his eyes, and hopes to god that nothing is in front of him.

Worst section of highway in the entire country.

LVH

Last time I was in Fort Worth I took I-35 North to the Cabelas on Tarrant Parkway and it was just a total construction mess. There was a time I accidentially got into the express lane because of poorly labelled signs and cone placement.

HFrog1999

I nearly got destroyed by a UPS truck on that stretch of road on an icy day several years ago

Slow down people

tenor.gif

Chongo94

Judging by the way they drive, FedEx must really pressure drivers to make a schedule come hell or high water-- or freezing rain and glaze ice. Discovery could get interesting.

Agreed but far worse in my opinion are UPS drivers....always riding my ass or turning out in front of cars if they see just a 2 second sliver of an opening. Horrible.

Amazon drivers are also climbing that list.

jake102

Agreed but far worse in my opinion are UPS drivers....always riding my ass or turning out in front of cars if they see just a 2 second sliver of an opening. Horrible.

Amazon drivers are also climbing that list.

Amazon drivers are crazy, but they are just driving those Mercedes big vans

Dogfrog

Wonder what, if anything, the county did as a precaution given the temperatures and conditions? Maybe reduced speed signs? I know this isn’t the Northeast where crews stand ready 24/7 but...