• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Needs an Invite to the Championship game (on TCU dime)

GO_DJ

Ticket Exchange Pass
There was a GP quote in an article on the Athletic last week with something to the effect of that he would have a hard time not being there if we made it to the championship.

I bet he’s there in a suite in a black shirt. He recruited nearly all of these players and knows their families. I’m fine with him being there and almost expect him to be.

SWC Frog

Old timer here,read a lot but rarely post.
Wouldn't do anything to mess with the karma at this point.
IF we win I wouldn't be opposed to having him acknowledged at a celebration in a small way. Assuming the players and coaches agree.
For all the negatives he did recruit the majority of the players and did a lot for the program.

Frogs9080

I know I am going to get some slack for this, but TCU needs to pay for Gary to go to the NC Game. He is not the one who got them there this year, but he is part of the story. He did so much in the trenches for so many years that I think it's the least we can do. Really its just fans who have a sour thought on Patterson. Sonny has stated repeatedly his respect for Patterson so I dont think he would care. I just feel it's the right thing to do and a great way to take a negative ending and turn it into a positive. Thoughts? IF you dont like the thought, that's fine. Just say why you disagree and add to a debate. Please, just act like adults.
Sorry, no. He took a job with arguably our biggest rival after we built him a statute. He can pay his own way

Planks

I will be eternally grateful to Patterson for everything he did to build this program. We wouldn’t be here today without the foundation he laid. With that being said, we currently have a National Championship on the line, and that’s the only focus we should have right now.

Let me choose my words carefully here. Over the next week, I don’t want any TCU player, coach, trainer, staff member, administrator, band member, show girl, cheerleader, or anyone else associated with our program to be distracted for even ONE SECOND by the presence of, implied presence of, or even rumored presence of Patterson in any way, shape, or form.

SWC Frog

I got roasted a few weeks ago for a post wishing GP left on good terms so he could be a part of this years success. That being said, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near this team right now with the way he left. Invite him to the parade in Ft Worth after we win. No distractions before the game.
Thanks,
That's what I was trying to say but you said it better.

Hemingway

Huh. He’s got like 100k in the bank right now. What’d he already blow through it? Classic Gary.

And let get CDC in a suite too, maybe he can take a timeout from “not winning anything” and hiring wife beaters.

Frog Attack II

No. Just no! He can go on his own dime. Love the guy, but he lost it and then acted like an ars and went to work for the Satan of college football.

Chongo94

I know I am going to get some slack for this, but TCU needs to pay for Gary to go to the NC Game. He is not the one who got them there this year, but he is part of the story. He did so much in the trenches for so many years that I think it's the least we can do. Really its just fans who have a sour thought on Patterson. Sonny has stated repeatedly his respect for Patterson so I dont think he would care. I just feel it's the right thing to do and a great way to take a negative ending and turn it into a positive. Thoughts? IF you dont like the thought, that's fine. Just say why you disagree and add to a debate. Please, just act like adults.
For the love of all that is holy, do you have some scheissing bad takes….good lord.