• The KillerFrogs

Other games thread...?

FrogCoach84

Guess my TCU being the little guy roots make it hard not to enjoy the little guy having their moments...even if it is SMU.

Maybe they lose 2-3 games down the stretch but for now they had an awesome comeback in their first game as a ranked team in forever and moved to 6-0 for the first time in 37 years.

Makes me nostalgic thinking of TCU’s rise culminating in the Rose Bowl and a seat at the P5 table. I remember those big MWC wins that every P5 fan wanted to discredit and me and every other Frog fan not giving a [ Finebaum ] what they thought because my team had risen from the ashes.

Those were some of the most enjoyable football fan days of my life.

LVH

Makes me nostalgic thinking of TCU’s rise culminating in the Rose Bowl and a seat at the P5 table. I remember those big MWC wins that every P5 fan wanted to discredit and me and every other Frog fan not giving a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] what they thought because my team had risen from the ashes.

It wasn't until we strung together a bunch of winning seasons until we wanted a seat at the P5 table. SMU has a long way to go to match what we accomplished and be in that conversation.

FrogCoach84

It wasn't until we strung together a bunch of winning seasons until we wanted a seat at the P5 table. SMU has a long way to go to match what we accomplished and be in that conversation.

Definitely wasn’t trying to insinuate this one season and 6-0 start equates to the Frogs rise to a Big 12 invite.

Just saying I remember when the worm started to turn and all of those little steps leading to the big leap were so fun to get to watch. Those wins that some Frog fans would poo poo now were so huge in that moment.

Mean Purple

Have to say, I don't miss the mountain west days at all. So few opportunities unless you go dang near perfect. way less financial reward for the effort. recruiting is a challenge.

Mean Purple

I need Stanford to bail me out. I am down $$$ on the day slightly.
I sometimes want to ask how much you "invest" on a weekend. Then I think I don't want to know how big that world can get. (That, and it aint really any of my biz)

Still, every time I go to Vegas and see the rooms where they show the games, it is pretty amazing.

LVH

I sometimes want to ask how much you "invest" on a weekend. Then I think I don't want to know how big that world can get. (That, and it aint really any of my biz)

Still, every time I go to Vegas and see the rooms where they show the games, it is pretty amazing.

I put through about $3000 into the books on an average college football weekend.

The past 2 weekends I've won about $2000. Up about $1700 overall on the year. Right now I am down $65 on the day. I've lost 3 bets today on missed extra points alone so its been one of those days

Its a hobby for me but I am good enough at it to where I make more money than lose money on college football/basketball. Not scheiss you money or enough money to live on, but last year I ended up $2400 on the year for CFB and $900 in CBB. $3300 is enough to pay for vacations and such

Wexahu

Have to say, I don't miss the mountain west days at all. So few opportunities unless you go dang near perfect. way less financial reward for the effort. recruiting is a challenge.

I don’t miss it either but as far the financial reward, us fans don’t really benefit from that at all. It’s not like they are going to lower club seating prices if the school brings in another $20m in TV revenue. Everything costs more, that’s about it. Seems like the more money we bring in, the more we need to spend to “keep up”.

LVH

I don’t miss it either but as far the financial reward, us fans don’t really benefit from that at all. It’s not like they are going to lower club seating prices if the school brings in another $20m in TV revenue. Everything costs more, that’s about it. Seems like the more money we bring in, the more we need to spend to “keep up”.

I havent been to a game at the new Amon Carter Stadium yet but just from looking at it I prefer the atmosphere of the old stadium. The new one just looks too much of a country club atmosphere on TV.

Mean Purple

I havent been to a game at the new Amon Carter Stadium yet but just from looking at it I prefer the atmosphere of the old stadium. The new one just looks too much of a country club atmosphere on TV.
It is actually pretty good. Although, the high end seating takes up a little too much area. Hurts us on crowd numbers. There would be more locals attending if prices were better. There are way more TCU fans in the DFW area than folks realize. And I hear from many that say the pricing is getting too high. As well has get hassle of getting to the game. But we have always battled the location/parking/logistics issue.

Makes winning games that more important.

Wexahu

That’s what it is. Nice as hell but a whole lot of amenities that don’t have much to do with the actual game. It’s the world we live in though, we are hardly alone.

Mean Purple

I put through about $3000 into the books on an average college football weekend.

The past 2 weekends I've won about $2000. Up about $1700 overall on the year. Right now I am down $65 on the day. I've lost 3 bets today on missed extra points alone so its been one of those days

Its a hobby for me but I am good enough at it to where I make more money than lose money on college football/basketball. Not scheiss you money or enough money to live on, but last year I ended up $2400 on the year for CFB and $900 in CBB. $3300 is enough to pay for vacations and such
Nice.
Have a friend that actually made a living for a number of years playing cards. Very very good living. But they also work with horses. Horse people always have lots of cash on hand … to put in other hands. As the bumper stickers say, "I used to have money. Now I have horses". That said, If I was "horse broke", I would have a lot of extra money to gamble with.

Mean Purple

That’s what it is. Nice as hell but a whole lot of amenities that don’t have much to do with the actual game. It’s the world we live in though, we are hardly alone.
For sure. Never thought wifi and the sort would have been that big of a deal. Heck, I relish the time in a stadium as my excuse not to use the phone. Miss a lot of calls because I am "not getting a signal". :)

Mean Purple

Stanford is playing pretty tough so far tonight.
And, I hate admitting this, but Rod Gilmore has been really informative. (ok, blast away.)

Eight

just switched over from the astros game and did i hear right that stanford lost their 6th scholarship offensive linemen for the year and they are down to 6?