• The KillerFrogs

Other games thread...?

LVH

Very true. We proved it today.

I honestly think that our detractors when we were in the MWC had a point about week in and week out.

Yes our teams in the MWC were capable of playing up to any opponent, but what was missed is we won some games where we played like [ Finebaum ](off the top of my head, Colorodo State in 2008, UNLV and New Mexico in 2009 and San Diego State in 2010). Can't get away with that in the Big 12.

Mean Purple

That's the difference between the Big 12 and AAC

You can play like [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] and still win in the AAC

If SMU plays a game like they played tonight in a P5 league they lose by 20+.

We won plenty of games in the MWC playing like [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] that we lose easily against a Big 12 opponent.
We have seen what happens when you have to play better players. Better programs. Player talent and intensity just makes it that much harder.

Moose Stuff

I honestly think that our detractors when we were in the MWC had a point about week in and week out.

Yes our teams in the MWC were capable of playing up to any opponent, but what was missed is we won some games where we played like [ steaming pile of Orgeron ](off the top of my head, Colorodo State in 2008, UNLV and New Mexico in 2009 and San Diego State in 2010). Can't get away with that in the Big 12.

Of course they did.

Mean Purple

Yes our teams in the MWC were capable of playing up to any opponent, but what was missed is we won some games where we played like [ steaming pile of Orgeron ](off the top of my head, Colorodo State in 2008, UNLV and New Mexico in 2009 and San Diego State in 2010). Can't get away with that in the Big 12.
Exactly. You have to show up for every game at this level. That team we had that won the Rose Bowl was great. Rare, but I don't think they could have gotten buy with those close saves in the then BCS leagues.
We have seen it now. We have better players, way more team speed, but we can't even stay healthy.

PurpleBlood87

If we were in that conference, we would.
Tulsa is not a great team. That showed. I think SMU loses two. Still should have a shot at a Conf. title.

Doesn't matter SMU is bowl eligible and could play in the New Years Six Bowl. Odds are TCU won't do that. Good for SMU. Ponies needs a QB transfer and landed one and it is paying off for them.