• The KillerFrogs

Other Games Thread - Week 12

I’m still a little worried about Baylor getting into the playoffs. Yes I know the committee will do everything they can to keep them out, but consider the following scenario:

1) With Tua out for the season, Alabama loses to Auburn, falling to 10-2
2) Either Oregon or Utah loses another game this season before winning the Pac 12 championship game, leading to an 11-2 Pac 12 champion
3) Georgia loses to LSU in the SEC championship game, falling to 11-2
4) Jalen Hurts gets hurt against TCU or Okie State, leading to a Baylor win in the Big 12 championship game rematch.

Baylor makes the playoffs
That's a lot of stuff to happen and even if it all did happen, the committee's ranking of an undefeated Baylor pretty much tells you everything you need to know about their chances of getting in under just about any circumstances.

Ron Swanson

That's a lot of stuff to happen and even if it all did happen, the committee's ranking of an undefeated Baylor pretty much tells you everything you need to know about their chances of getting in under just about any circumstances.
Yeah, it would be one thing if Baylor had been running the score up on everyone all year, but this Baylor team was squeaking by on luck and mediocre victories the entire season. Their only chance was to get in by being undefeated and the committee having no choice but to let them in.

Moose Stuff

I’m still a little worried about Baylor getting into the playoffs. Yes I know the committee will do everything they can to keep them out, but consider the following scenario:

2) Either Oregon or Utah loses another game this season before winning the Pac 12 championship game, leading to an 11-2 Pac 12 champion
4) Jalen Hurts gets hurt against TCU or Okie State, leading to a Baylor win in the Big 12 championship game rematch.

All those two loss teams would be in front of a 1 loss Baylor IMO.

Froggish

I think OU is going to get all they can handle in Stillwater.

Mean Purple

I'm an Auburn fan. I really don't feel the Tigers beat Bama. And I'm just sick about Tua. That was just heartbreaking. I really hope he comes back full strength to play again. Great kid and he deserves all he can get in life.

AroundWorldFrog

You are irrationally delusional. Seriously.

Edit. BU falls to 16-20 in the next CFP ranking.