• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

MAcFroggy

Guess you failed to read the post I replied to wherein the poster was witching about parking in Dallas. Apologies for straying so far off topic.

He was complaining about parking for a movie theater in Mockingbird Station, and you responded by talking about Downtown Dallas parking being terrible and being creepy. How are those things related?

That would be like somebody complaining about parking around TCU, and you responding that downtown fort worth traffic and parking sucks.

Saw I, Tonya at the Magnolia with my wife and was highly entertained. Margo Robbie was great, and the guy that they got to play her idiot bodyguard was hilarious. It was the perfect way to tell that bizarre story.

BABYFACE

Ok, watched two episodes of Black Mirror from season 1. First episode was revolting. Second episode is a good one for Marxists to watch about a Utopian society. Utopia is dystopia is the lesson in this episode. I haven’t decided if I will watch anymore.

Liked Sicario. Appreciate the recommendation.

Dogfrog

He was complaining about parking for a movie theater in Mockingbird Station, and you responded by talking about Downtown Dallas parking being terrible and being creepy. How are those things related?

That would be like somebody complaining about parking around TCU, and you responding that downtown fort worth traffic and parking sucks.

Geez are you always this anal? You act like every thread stays exactly on topic. Not real interested in your thread police schtick which wasted more space than my single post.

Chongo94

I must be the only mid-40s American male who doesn’t like Tarantino films.

I enjoy them (not your age yet though.) What somewhat miffs me is how so many people think he's the greatest yet can't see that a lot of his stuff is just basically ripped from campy 70's exploitation films.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Watched American Made. Good fun, I enjoyed it. Will, as others have already done, recommend it.

Random thoughts: Great soundtrack.
Sarah Wright - schnikees, she needs to be in more movies.
Crazy Tom Cruise seems to never age...

Frog-in-law1995

I’m a Christopher Walken fan.....and Ed Norton to some extent.
As for the Tarantino movie, I’m not a fan of each and every one of his, but Reservoir had a great cast, and great movie, in my humble opinion.

I love his soundtracks and his camerawork, and tend to like most of the performances (the Kill Bill movies are a big exception), but the writing just screams “overcompensating for poor self esteem as a kid.” Every character is a bad ass. It’s the screenwriter equivalent of the dweeb you knew in middle school who could draw and always did guys with over the top muscles and girls with huge Brilesboobs.

Pharm Frog

Just got back from seeing 12 Strong. Not near the impact of Blackhawk Down but fantastic story. Enjoyed it. Have read several reviews that said there wasn't enough action to hold interest. I'm not sure they reviewed the right movie.

PurpleBlood87

Just got back from seeing 12 Strong. Not near the impact of Blackhawk Down but fantastic story. Enjoyed it. Have read several reviews that said there wasn't enough action to hold interest. I'm not sure they reviewed the right movie.

Helicopter ride into Afghanistan was much more hair-raising then they made it out in the movie. That's from the book.

Latest posts