• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
equal time...

Navy is wearing a throwback uni going back to Roger Staubach and Joe Bellino.
UNUUUEX2KRAG7N6KYI7B6SVM5U.png

Go Navy. Beat Army!

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Wife happened to catch the “Cats” commercial this afternoon. Do I lose my man card if I agree to go with her to see it?
Well? Did you go? If you want something positive out of the experience, go read the User Reviews on IMDB. They're hilarious. Someone compared it to a half-full dirty litterbox.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I guess my sarcasm is faulty.

Well? Did you go? If you want something positive out of the experience, go read the User Reviews on IMDB. They're hilarious. Someone compared it to a half-full dirty litterbox.
It's getting awful reviews.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
not so bad...i mean it only cost $90-100M to make so with a little luck it breaks even
$90-100 not including the marketing, and they need to double that to break even. I don't think that film will clear $200-220 million at this rate.

TxFrog1999

Anyone seen the new Star Wars film yet? Looking for a non-spoiler judgement if it's worth seeing before I take my wife and daughter to Jumanji 2 (or is it 3?)

Chongo94

Anyone seen the new Star Wars film yet? Looking for a non-spoiler judgement if it's worth seeing before I take my wife and daughter to Jumanji 2 (or is it 3?)

Have heard from a couple of people that they enjoyed it on an entertaining level. It’s getting hammered by most reviews, though.

TxFrog1999

Have heard from a couple of people that they enjoyed it on an entertaining level. It’s getting hammered by most reviews, though.
I figured I'd just go into this one as a purely popcorn flick, especially after that disaster Last Jedi. If that's the case then I think I'll spring for tickets and popcorn to see it on the big screen rather than wait for it to hit D+.

talor

I'm 34 and the original star wars are some of my formative/favorite movies. My friends and I really enjoyed it. People get too worked up over this stuff...it isn't Schindler's List.