• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Boomhauer

Just watched Spider-Man into the spider verse. I’m apparently in the minority here but wasn’t impressed. Kids enjoyed it though.

Ron Swanson

I had the wife box up & send 2 big boxes of VHS movies for my troops in DS in ‘90. Oddly enough, the most watched......Howard the Duck.
Haha... that was on one of the movie channels the other day and I turned it on. I probably saw it ten times as a kid for whatever reason, but my wife had never even heard of it.

It’s absolutely fantastic for its terribleness/ridiculousness, but it’s a tough sell to someone who’s never seen it before.

Also, a lot more duck sex jokes than I remember as a kid.

talor

I liked both Bohemian Rhapsody

True Detective season 3 was damn good. Not as good as season 1, but not much is. I actually went back and rewatched season 1 after watching season 3 because it got me in the mood for it and it was even better the 2nd time around. Woody Harrelson was great, but McConaughey’s performance is one of the best acting jobs of all-time. He’s awesome. Anyway, season 3 was a million times better than season 2. Both Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff were real good (particularly Ali). The ending was solid (albeit a little frustrating).
I really enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody...didn't know he was such a sad guy in real life but still walked into the office the next day humming Queen songs.

I liked TD season 3, but I just couldn't get into it as much. World's better than season 2, and Ali is a really good actor, it just wasn't as dark and brooding and creepy as I had hoped.

tcudoc

I really enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody...didn't know he was such a sad guy in real life but still walked into the office the next day humming Queen songs.

I liked TD season 3, but I just couldn't get into it as much. World's better than season 2, and Ali is a really good actor, it just wasn't as dark and brooding and creepy as I had hoped.
I remember kind of enjoying the Radio GaGa song many years ago, but after the movie and seeing the live version of it, it re-entered my list of all time favorite Queen songs. Not sure why I like it so much. it's just really catchy.

Chongo94

Not a movie but did anyone catch Chernobyl on HBO last night? Slow but kind of intense. Weird to see the portrayals of normalcy while you know what is actually happening and going to happen.

Also, Warrior on Cinemax is flat out awesome fun. Highly suggest it for something different and cool.

No movie report as of late, I mean most have already seen Avengers. Shazam was just a downright good clean fun movie the whole family can enjoy so maybe catch that if you haven’t already.

Trailer for Warrior:

Last edited:

Chongo94

My wife wants to see Shazam. Sounds like you liked it pretty well. I have no idea what it is even about, but I will probably go with her.

It’s about the original Captain Marvel. A kid becomes imbued with the power of the gods by uttering the phrase Shazam. It was my dad’s favorite comic/hero when he was growing up.

There are two Captain Marvels — this is the amazing story of why
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...o-captain-marvel-shazam-dc-warner-bros-comics

HFrog1999

It’s about the original Captain Marvel. A kid becomes imbued with the power of the gods by uttering the phrase Shazam. It was my dad’s favorite comic/hero when he was growing up.

There are two Captain Marvels — this is the amazing story of why
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...o-captain-marvel-shazam-dc-warner-bros-comics

tenor.gif

Chongo94

Never did get around to the first one. Was looking forward to it (pun). But damn this one looks creepy.

It wasn’t bad by any means, just for some reason, for me at least, it just fell flat. I couldn’t decide whether to be freaked out by Pennywise or laugh.

This one does look creepy creep for sure.

Eight

John Wick 3 is really entertaining. In my opinion, it is now my favorite "action" movie franchise.

agree and rare to find a a trilogy where there was not an original core story (i.e. lord of the rings or the potter movies) running through it and the trilogy holds up over all three movies

matrix is a perfect example of a great first movie and the second and third really didn't hold up well as the story line didn't hold up well.

you could actually argue that while the godfather and godfather ii are the two greatest movies in film godfather part iii wasn't good and was a [ Finebaum ] of an ending on what could have been the greatest triology in movie history.

Zubaz

agree and rare to find a a trilogy where there was not an original core story (i.e. lord of the rings or the potter movies) running through it and the trilogy holds up over all three movies

matrix is a perfect example of a great first movie and the second and third really didn't hold up well as the story line didn't hold up well.

you could actually argue that while the godfather and godfather ii are the two greatest movies in film godfather part iii wasn't good and was a [ Orgeron ] of an ending on what could have been the greatest triology in movie history.
I'm not sure it exactly qualifies, but Fast Five, Fast Six, and Fast Seven. The soft-reboot they did with 4, leading in to the fifth which revived the franchise was really well done.

Eight

I'm not sure it exactly qualifies, but Fast Five, Fast Six, and Fast Seven. The soft-reboot they did with 4, leading in to the fifth which revived the franchise was really well done.

i think that is a good example from the back half of the series.

never really liked the one in japan and i do think in the back half they did a good job on incorporating the rock and not completely taking away from vin's character