• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Chongo94

Y’all see the most recent Chernobyl episode?...that dude’s skin/lack thereof from the radiation?? Holy hell!

The makeup artist said they tried to make that as realistic as possible given the few first hand accounts and apparently one picture of a dying/dead Soviet with huge amounts of radiation poisoning. That image...it might be seared into my brain now.

stbrab

Y’all see the most recent Chernobyl episode?...that dude’s skin/lack thereof from the radiation?? Holy hell!

The makeup artist said they tried to make that as realistic as possible given the few first hand accounts and apparently one picture of a dying/dead Soviet with huge amounts of radiation poisoning. That image...it might be seared into my brain now.
Chernobyl is...gut wrenching, absolutely haunting. There’s no telling how many people died...and how many more could have.

tcujsauce

Wife initially said she wouldn't watch that show with me but then got intrigued, so we went back and watched the first two and started on the third (I'd already watched all 3). She had to turn her head away when the dude in the first episode started bleeding through his clothes, so I told her she may just not watch to watch any of the hospital scenes.

Dogfrog

Not a movie but a Memorial Day tradition for me, dust off the box set of Band of Brothers & watch 1 episode nightly or close to it, usually wrapped up by June 6th D-Day anniversary. My dad was The Greatest Generation, Bravo Company, 16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division in Europe.

Great idea. Can’t repeat this enough. My dad was paratrooper, 11th airborne division, 511 signal company. New Guinea and Philippines. Came out 60% disabled which was increased to 100% later. They are almost all gone now but cannot forget.

MTfrog5

So I’d recommend taking your kids to see Aladdin. Fun movie for them with some adult humor that the kids won’t catch at all. They have done a really good job remaking these classics animated movies.

talor

Going to see Aladdin tonight. Not too excited for this one, but I’ll be all in on Lion King.

I bet it’s pretty good

How was Aladdin? I've held off but will freely admit to finding the live action/cgi Jungle Book remake hugely enjoyable. But I'm really really looking forward to the new Lion King in July; that was my favorite Disney movie as a kid.

I also bought a couple grand of Disney stock in my HSA so hope they don't put out any crap!

PO Frog

So I’d recommend taking your kids to see Aladdin. Fun movie for them with some adult humor that the kids won’t catch at all. They have done a really good job remaking these classics animated movies.
Run time two hours eight minutes. Hard pass with. 4-year old.

MTfrog5

How was Aladdin? I've held off but will freely admit to finding the live action/cgi Jungle Book remake hugely enjoyable. But I'm really really looking forward to the new Lion King in July; that was my favorite Disney movie as a kid.

I also bought a couple grand of Disney stock in my HSA so hope they don't put out any crap!
It was a fun movie. Some adult humor that kids had no idea about. I’d recommend it for sure for adults and kids

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

I wouldn’t worry about that. Disney is unstoppable at the moment.

MTfrog5

I wouldn’t worry about that. Disney is unstoppable at the moment.
Yeah for the next couple years the list of movies they plan on making is pretty awesome. Lion King will be awesome and I’m also looking forward to Cruella which is a prequel to 100 Dalmatians