• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

HFrog1999

The Star Wars nerds on YT say episode 3 killed Star Wars forever.

Only until they hire a new team with a new “vision.”

jar jar binks GIF

Chongo94

The Star Wars nerds on YT say episode 3 killed Star Wars forever.

Only until they hire a new team with a new “vision.”
Yeah episode 3 is apparently getting excoriated by everyone. I watched the first two and was thoroughly meh about it but I always enjoy seeing more of the wider universe of Star Wars….the acolyte doesn’t even succeed on that measure.

Andor was great. The Acolyte is just another soon to be forgotten, or only remembered because of how awful it may grow to be.

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

Yeah episode 3 is apparently getting excoriated by everyone. I watched the first two and was thoroughly meh about it but I always enjoy seeing more of the wider universe of Star Wars….the acolyte doesn’t even succeed on that measure.

Andor was great. The Acolyte is just another soon to be forgotten, or only remembered because of how awful it may grow to be.
Acolyte is hot garbage. The writing is bad. The whole plot is stupid. Just do like The Last of Us and just retell the stories of the High Republic games and you’d have a winner, but no, you get these idiots who have no idea what Star Wars is and means, tries to add their own twist (that doesn’t fit with any of the canon) and you have this convoluted mess.

I’m tired of this nonsense and these “creatives” that make Muck Engel lookblime like good writig

steelfrog

Tier 1
Donald Sutherland passed away today. RIP to a great one…
So many great performances by him. Steel would say best combination of performance and movie is Eye of the Needle; he was also great in his one scene in JFK, the best scene in the movie; and Cold Mountain, again a limited role but very impactful; Ordinary People, with that iconic monologue to his wife:

Beth Jarrett : Calvin? Why are you crying? Can I, uh... can I get you something?
Calvin "Cal" Jarrett : I don't...
Beth Jarrett : What did you say? Calvin, what did you say? Tell me!
Calvin "Cal" Jarrett : You are beautiful. And you are unpredictable. But you're so cautious. You're determined, Beth; but you know something? You're not strong. And I don't know if you're really giving. Tell me something. Do you love me? You really love me?
Beth Jarrett : I feel the way I've always felt about you.
Calvin "Cal" Jarrett : We would have been alright, if there hadn't been any mess. But you can't handle mess. You need everything neat and easy. I don't know. Maybe you can't love anybody. It was so much Buck. When Buck died, it was as if you buried all your love with him, and I don't understand that, I just don't know, I don't... maybe it wasn't even Buck; maybe it was just you. Maybe, finally, it was the best of you that you buried. But, whatever it was... I don't know who you are. And I don't know what we've been playing at. So I was crying. Because I don't know if I love you anymore. And I don't know what I'm going to do without that.

Frog-in-law1995

Just finished the first episode of The Judge (Bryan Cranston’s new show). 10 minutes ago I swore I was never gonna watch another episode. Then, the hook. Now I’m fairly certain I’ll finish both available seasons by Sunday.

tcudoc

Just finished the first episode of The Judge (Bryan Cranston’s new show). 10 minutes ago I swore I was never gonna watch another episode. Then, the hook. Now I’m fairly certain I’ll finish both available seasons by Sunday.
Let me guess, they turned out to be aliens sent to destroy the earth.