• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Pharm Frog

Just finished Season 1 of Welcome to Eden. I had low expectations going in and I won’t call it excellent TV but there’s some compelling storytelling going on. Gonna give it a couple of episodes when season 2 rolls around and it might go down a road I’m not willing to go but I’m hoping it stays terrestrial and develops further.

Ron Swanson

No idea if this has been discussed yet but Mrs Pharm and I just finished Season 3 of Line of Duty. Simply outstanding 1.5 hours of television for the last episode of that season. Riveting.
I ripped through all six (?) seasons of line of duty a year ago or so. Just an outstanding show.

Extremely well done. A great example of how British TV is better than American TV.

DeuceBoogieNights

Took the kid to see the new Jurassic World. About what you would expect for a jurassic Park movie.

The documentary about Warren Jeffs and the flds on Netflix is pretty good.

Chongo94

Took the kid to see the new Jurassic World. About what you would expect for a jurassic Park movie.

The documentary about Warren Jeffs and the flds on Netflix is pretty good.
Yeah it is! My parents had some carpentry done by some of those FLDS back when they first arrived. Just to hear that dude talk sends shivers down my spine but also makes me wonder how anyone would ever follow and take him seriously.

Pharm Frog

Yeah it is! My parents had some carpentry done by some of those FLDS back when they first arrived. Just to hear that dude talk sends shivers down my spine but also makes me wonder how anyone would ever follow and take him seriously.
Did your parents live in Eldorado? A couple of my buddies got in trouble dove hunting down that way. Apparently wandered on to Pave Paws land and some Marines weren’t amused

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Did your parents live in Eldorado? A couple of my buddies got in trouble dove hunting down that way. Apparently wandered on to Pave Paws land and some Marines weren’t amused
Armed Marines on perimeter patrol usually aren’t—that’s what they get that outrageous government pay for. Plus your buddies broke up the boredom for them. All in all, be grateful—you don’t wanna be anywhere near Pave Paws lighting up.

Chongo94

Angelo. The FLDS would do construction and carpentry work up that way. Lots of locals started getting them to do work for them on their homes and whatnot. Everyone said it was great quality, they were just weird (obviously.) This was also before that compound got raided and stuff.

Ha yeah Pave Paws brings back memories. I can only imagine. It was a ways off just from the Highway so I’m sure those Marines weren’t pleased whatsoever.