• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

JugbandFrog

I have to double down on maverick. Good stuff. I know cruise has done a lot of movies but off the top of my head I can't think of a really bad one. I did enjoy the mummy reboot, so take that as you will
The only movie I thought was bad was rhe second Jack Reacher movie. Loved the first one.

Eight

I have to double down on maverick. Good stuff. I know cruise has done a lot of movies but off the top of my head I can't think of a really bad one. I did enjoy the mummy reboot, so take that as you will

mummy was total dog [ Finebaum ]

vanilla sky artsy dog [ Finebaum ]

knight and day dog [ Finebaum ]

cocktail two fingers of dog [ Finebaum ]

lions for lambs political diatribe dog [ Finebaum ]

legend dog [ Finebaum ]

top car or days of thunder was story rip off dog [ Finebaum ]

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I can’t tell from the trailer. Is The Gray Man character a super hero sci-fi type or just a badass type?
In the books he is an unassuming solo former CIA Special Activities operator that was framed by the CIA Director for something for his own self promotion and is hunted by almost everyone. He becomes a patriotic freelance assassin that kills only those that need to die. He is definitely a bad ass. The books are more believable than the trailer for the movie seems to be.

Chongo94

The Shoresy character is definitely more relatable and real (and funnier) in the spin-off than he was in Letterkenny.

“Shoresy” is more of an actual show and less Letterkenny-ish than Letterkenny was. Don’t get me wrong, there is plenty of Letterkenny in it, it’s just dialed down a bit. I thought it was very well executed and was disappointed it was only six episodes.
Gracias.

Eight

In the books he is an unassuming solo former CIA Special Activities operator that was framed by the CIA Director for something for his own self promotion and is hunted by almost everyone. He becomes a patriotic freelance assassin that kills only those that need to die. He is definitely a bad ass. The books are more believable than the trailer for the movie seems to be.

what, you didn't find any part of that trailer believable?

especially when you consider his occupation requires stealth and cunning and that trailer looks like a video game on steroids

Pharm Frog

Mrs Pharm and I just saw Maverick in IMAX. I’m not sure if it was that good or just that I haven’t seen a movie in a theater since Bill and Ted Face the Music but we both thought it was outstanding entertainment.

Now we’re trying to find good Chinese food in FTW…preferably central to southwest side. Just cannot do Pei Wei anymore.

Eight

Mrs Pharm and I just saw Maverick in IMAX. I’m not sure if it was that good or just that I haven’t seen a movie in a theater since Bill and Ted Face the Music but we both thought it was outstanding entertainment.

good choice of the word entertainment.

if you want to pick things apart there are plenty, but if you want a movie that you can enjoy without getting beat over the head when some morality story or be left with an ending that makes the parables seem simple this is a good one and must be seen on a big screen with a high quality sound system

Pharm Frog

good choice of the word entertainment.

if you want to pick things apart there are plenty, but if you want a movie that you can enjoy without getting beat over the head when some morality story or be left with an ending that makes the parables seem simple this is a good one and must be seen on a big screen with a high quality sound system
Not only are you not beat up with a morality play with an agenda but the scriptwriter isn’t in love with a relentless use of the F-bomb (there may have been one or two).

Not only are you not beat up with a morality play with an agenda but the scriptwriter isn’t in love with a relentless use of the F-bomb (there may have been one or two).

Yeah. No political agenda. Tender romance storyline without unnecessary nudity. Minimal cussing.

Redemptive hero. Washed up pilot flies hunk of junk. Leads young trainee into enemy territory to hit a near-impossible target. Wait.. is this Star Wars?