• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Pharm Frog

Angelo. The FLDS would do construction and carpentry work up that way. Lots of locals started getting them to do work for them on their homes and whatnot. Everyone said it was great quality, they were just weird (obviously.) This was also before that compound got raided and stuff.

Ha yeah Pave Paws brings back memories. I can only imagine. It was a ways off just from the Highway so I’m sure those Marines weren’t pleased whatsoever.
Hmmmm….I don’t recall them working up in SA. I know they did some stuff around El Dorado and Sonora but I could have used some cultish labor when I lived in SA.

Chongo94

Hmmmm….I don’t recall them working up in SA. I know they did some stuff around El Dorado and Sonora but I could have used some cultish labor when I lived in SA.
Well I shouldn’t say lots, might’ve just been my parents’ circle of friends. But they definitely did cabinetry work in my parents old house and some pergola and barn construction for some family friends.

I remember they also ran out on a job they were doing for some family friends rebuilding their back deck and fence. But that might’ve been when all the raid stuff happened…Can’t really remember the timing there.

Pharm Frog

Checked out Line of Duty after reading some of y’all’s comments….very solid show so far, thanks.
I’m trying to watch Slow Horses but the Mrs has tapped out after three episodes so I’m gonna have to wait until she goes out to West Texas for a weekend. But I like what I’ve seen so far. As for LOD….I think I like Season 2 more than Season 1 and Season 3 more than both. Rare for me to think that as most things digress

Ron Swanson

I’m trying to watch Slow Horses but the Mrs has tapped out after three episodes so I’m gonna have to wait until she goes out to West Texas for a weekend. But I like what I’ve seen so far. As for LOD….I think I like Season 2 more than Season 1 and Season 3 more than both. Rare for me to think that as most things digress
Yeah I thought it got better as the series went on.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Mrs. Brewingfrog and I took in the latest Downton Abbey film last night. Very, very nice. Lush photography, beautiful scenery, superb writing, just a fine experience altogether. After we got over all the wet eyes, we had to laugh at the perfection of the Big Dramatic Scene at the end, and how Dame Maggie Smith and Julian Fellows must have plotted for some time for that final line of hers!

Mrs. Brewingfrog: "Who is the guy playing the Famous Actor? He looks familiar."
Me: "Yeah, I've seen him before... It'll come to me."
Some time later: "Got him! Last seen getting his guts sliced out in 300, while the Spartan Senate hollered, 'Traitor!!!'"
Mrs. Brewingfrog: "Thanks, honey. I had almost forgotten..." If you listen, you can still hear the rumble from her eyes rolling back.

Eight

Mrs. Brewingfrog and I took in the latest Downton Abbey film last night. Very, very nice. Lush photography, beautiful scenery, superb writing, just a fine experience altogether. After we got over all the wet eyes, we had to laugh at the perfection of the Big Dramatic Scene at the end, and how Dame Maggie Smith and Julian Fellows must have plotted for some time for that final line of hers!

Mrs. Brewingfrog: "Who is the guy playing the Famous Actor? He looks familiar."
Me: "Yeah, I've seen him before... It'll come to me."
Some time later: "Got him! Last seen getting his guts sliced out in 300, while the Spartan Senate hollered, 'Traitor!!!'"
Mrs. Brewingfrog: "Thanks, honey. I had almost forgotten..." If you listen, you can still hear the rumble from her eyes rolling back.

when did you escape from the kidnappers?

Chongo94

For those of y’all that mentioned Line of Duty…I have never wished violence upon children….

BUT that projects kid in the first season….I have never wanted anyone to go through more excruciating and unyielding pain for the rest of their life as much as I want that little jerk to go through.

tcudoc

hows the suckitude compare to speed racer and the sequel to caddy shack?
For me, Inspector Gadget 2 is the reigning champion. My wife convinced the kids that they wanted to see it. It’s as bad as you would imagine that it would be, plus it has French Stewart.