• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Here is an excellent review of why Dune part 1 may seem so unsatisfying to those unfamiliar with the storyline: https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...ce-is-also-its-smartest/ar-AAPW1Sh?li=BBnb7Kz
Just saw it and it just seemed to be a lengthened version of the first half of the original. If the second one ends up with
them in the caves with pools of water, Paul sister born, his mother dying and them riding worms to victory, then the second one will just be a stretched out version of the second half of the first one. But did think it was cinematically a better movie than the original.

Bob Sugar

3a1325a35f4b877ad8f430aa747d8a9c.gif

Slots

I'm starting this because I've kind of been wanting to start one for a while and also because I just watched one of the worst westerns I've seen in a long long time and am hopeful that this thread will stop others from wasting money on certain movies like The Last Jedi or wasting time on a western like In a Valley of Violence.

So feel free to suggest movies worth seeing and those worth avoiding, be they old or new and famous or not well known.

As to In a Valley of Violence....it's bad, just really bad. I was kind of taking it in a ho hum way grinding through it until one of the last scenes with John Travolta standing in between two gun fighters. AVOID THIS MOVIE unless you like long winded badly written badly acted laughable stupidity.
Try Last of the Dogmen
A modern western with Tom Berenger and Barbara Hershey and Zip The Australian cattle dog
Available on Amazon

Putt4Purple

Maybe addressed already. I just saw 12 Mighty Orphans. Decent movie. Predictable in many areas. I recognized some Fort Worth locations where the movie was shot. TCU referenced once. I wonder why it has not been propted up more? Like I said, not great but not bad for a sports movie. Maybe next season it will get more play before football season.
12 mighty Frogs? Na, never mind!

Latest posts