• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Eight

Maybe addressed already. I just saw 12 Mighty Orphans. Decent movie. Predictable in many areas. I recognized some Fort Worth locations where the movie was shot. TCU referenced once. I wonder why it has not been propted up more? Like I said, not great but not bad for a sports movie. Maybe next season it will get more play before football season.
12 mighty Frogs? Na, never mind!

how many lineman among those 12? just kidding......

tcudoc

Maybe addressed already. I just saw 12 Mighty Orphans. Decent movie. Predictable in many areas. I recognized some Fort Worth locations where the movie was shot. TCU referenced once. I wonder why it has not been propted up more? Like I said, not great but not bad for a sports movie. Maybe next season it will get more play before football season.
I watched it on a plane a couple of days ago. Very enjoyable.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Watched this last night. Worth the time.

"Sandra Bullock delivers a stoic performance of slow-burning intensity in the drama “The Unforgivable,” playing Ruth Slater, a woman recently paroled after serving 20 years for a violent crime."

"R. Available on Netflix. Contains crude language and violence. 114 minutes."

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Wife and I took the kids to see Encanto last night. It's your typical Disney flick, but the writing is rather sub-par and the plot is a bit of a mess. Otherwise, it has some nice songs (none that are memorable or ear worms... thank goodness), good animation, and a couple of interesting minor characters that the writers do nothing with.

HFrog1999

A friend’s daughter was an extra in that movie. Some scenes were filmed in the Cleburne stadium and the orphanage scenes were shot at the home in Weatherford

If you haven’t read the book, I highly recommend it. I remember seeing film of Hardy Brown’s hits on the NFL Films show

Watched this last night. Worth the time.

"Sandra Bullock delivers a stoic performance of slow-burning intensity in the drama “The Unforgivable,” playing Ruth Slater, a woman recently paroled after serving 20 years for a violent crime."

"R. Available on Netflix. Contains crude language and violence. 114 minutes."
No nudity? Ill pass

tcudoc

A couple of weeks ago, we took our grandson to see the new Disney animated film Encanto. Usually, Disney movies are geared towards kids but have enough quality stuff to engage the adults as well. In my opinion, this one was not engaging for kids or adults. It is a musical by the guy who did Hamilton. The songs were all pretty terrible and the overall story was even worse. I give it a C minus. Not a fan.

Bob Sugar

A couple of weeks ago, we took our grandson to see the new Disney animated film Encanto. Usually, Disney movies are geared towards kids but have enough quality stuff to engage the adults as well. In my opinion, this one was not engaging for kids or adults. It is a musical by the guy who did Hamilton. The songs were all pretty terrible and the overall story was even worse. I give it a C minus. Not a fan.
Probably why it didn’t get the pre-release fanfare of most of their movies. I didn’t even know it was a movie until after it was already released. And I love taking my little ones to the movies. Though Adams Family 2 should be purged from existence. Probably the worst movie I have ever seen. Even my kids didn’t really enjoy it when we went a few months ago.

HFrog1999

Sandra Bullock isn’t someone you’d want to see nekid in this one. She’s not looking too hot.

The-Unforgivable-Cast-Netflix-Sandra-Bullock-Ruth-Slater.jpg