• The KillerFrogs

OT - Fairly Iconic TV Intros

Yummm. Dana Delany and Marg Helgenberg..

I find it interesting how many shows either directly romanticized or made the war a subplot in the show. From The Wonder Years to China Beach to even Family Ties, the war was constantly referenced. Over the last 30 years, the two Gulf Wars and Afghanistan have been portrayed differently on screen. There's many obvious reasons for the difference but I find it peculiar that the only references to the three wars has almost exclusively been combat.

Frog-in-law1995

It was claymation cartoon. About a boy named Davey and his talking dog Goliath. No one could hear Goliath but Davey and of course the kids watching. Every Sunday, on a station out of Shreveport.

@Chongo94
Following up...locally, it’s best remembered as a short that aired on channel 5, Sunday mornings before church, on a show called The Children’s Hour, hosted by Bill Kelley (my 6th grade science teacher’s husband). He’d basically read the Star-Telegram comics, interview somebody from the zoo or a local scout troop, play a few cartoons, then tell us to go to church. I miss it.

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

@Chongo94
Following up...locally, it’s best remembered as a short that aired on channel 5, Sunday mornings before church, on a show called The Children’s Hour, hosted by Bill Kelley (my 6th grade science teacher’s husband). He’d basically read the Star-Telegram comics, interview somebody from the zoo or a local scout troop, play a few cartoons, then tell us to go to church. I miss it.