• The KillerFrogs

OOC Matchup Wishlist

MAcFroggy

I like the thought of the Academies playing here, but there offenses leave our defense with a lot of sprained ankles, knees, etc. So probably no.

Yeah, I agree. If there was a team in the big 12 that ran the triple option, then I think it would be great preparation for the team. Seeing as we never see the triple option in conference play, I do not see any need to waste tons of time preparing for that type of defense.

froginmn

Agreed. You’re happy with Minnesota and Virginia, though?

Virginia is the Kansas of the ACC. Perennial bottom dweller.
We have Cal, Stanford, and Arkansas on our future schedules along with UNC, Duke, and Colorado and I'm saying I'm reasonably happy with that.

Adding a USC or Notre Dame might be cool from a fan experience standpoint but from a playoff standpoint a loss to one of them hurts us more than a win helps us.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
We have Cal, Stanford, and Arkansas on our future schedules along with UNC, Duke, and Colorado and I'm saying I'm reasonably happy with that.

Adding a USC or Notre Dame might be cool from a fan experience standpoint but from a playoff standpoint a loss to one of them hurts us more than a win helps us.
We play Arkansas again?

FrogLifeYo

A&M....owning Texas should be our first priority..A&M is way to chicken ship to play us because we would reap most the benefit in that match up but I’d love to see it and it would absolutely bring us the most recruiting benefit.

I’d like to home and home with Florida or FSU also improve our recruiting visibility in that state

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Gimme:
Atlanta: GaTech/ACC
Washington, DC: Maryland/B10(14)
Miami: The U/ACC
Lincoln: Nebraska/B10(14)
Nowhere'sville: Ole Miss/SEC

How about the "academys" Navy, Army or AF?
I used to be all in on service academies but since we had multiple bad experiences with AFA then they can ride the pine. I’m still all in on rotating home & homes with Army & Navy in the Fall, makes a good alumni trip there and when we play here it’s like the Armed Forces Bowl with good local military turnout, heck we might be able to sell more General Admissions or SRO tickets.

Big Frog II

I would love a home and home with UCLA. Oregon, Missouri, Iowa, Georgia Tech would be interesting. As for games to be played only here, Louisiana Tech, La Mo, UTEP, UTSA, etc. would be better than the SWAC schools.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Notre Dame home and home.

This was discussed here in the Indy newspaper and the ND AD said their schedule was difficult enough and were looking at someone else. Seriously. I don’t recall if it ws Delconte or prior AD. The story basically said they wanted a sure win. I’m going to see if the Indy Star has it in archive.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1