• The KillerFrogs

OOC Matchup Wishlist

ticketfrog123

Given the lack of news on renewing against SMU, though it'd be helpful to illustrate what the community here wants to see in terms of future out of conference matchups (OOC).

Home and home highly preferable, obviously. Think we need to be scheduling games that would be a boost to our resume, in addition to somewhere that we pull in recruits or have a significant alumni base (California).

We're long overdue for marquee home and home given the recent LSU / OSU moves to Jerryworld. Colorado and Duke are pretty weak imo, Cal and Stanford are great for the schedule, Purdue could be interesting given coaching stability of success long term.

What we have:

Cal, Colorado, UNC, Stanford, Duke, Purdue

Wishlist:

SEC: LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Vandy
B1G: Nebraska, Northwestern, Penn State or Michigan
PAC 12: USC or UCLA (got enough P12 teams on the near-term schedule tbh)
ACC: Miami
Other: ND

Wexahu

Given the lack of news on renewing against SMU, though it'd be helpful to illustrate what the community here wants to see in terms of future out of conference matchups (OOC).

Home and home highly preferable, obviously. Think we need to be scheduling games that would be a boost to our resume, in addition to somewhere that we pull in recruits or have a significant alumni base (California).

We're long overdue for marquee home and home given the recent LSU / OSU moves to Jerryworld. Colorado and Duke are pretty weak imo, Cal and Stanford are great for the schedule, Purdue could be interesting given coaching stability of success long term.

What we have:

Cal, Colorado, UNC, Stanford, Duke, Purdue

Wishlist:

SEC: LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Vandy
B1G: Nebraska, Northwestern, Penn State or Michigan
PAC 12: USC or UCLA (got enough P12 teams on the near-term schedule tbh)
ACC: Miami
Other: ND

I think playing Big 10 teams in OOC is not smart at all, simply for recruiting reasons. It's much more beneficial to those teams than it is TCU. Big 10 schools are poaching DFW already, no need to make it any easier for them.

If we're going to drop SMU, I think adding Houston would make sense, or maybe one of the Louisiana schools (not LSU) although I know that is slim pickins. Our future schedules going out about 10 years are already filled with 1 P5 school, we aren't going to be adding another one.

ticketfrog123

I think playing Big 10 teams in OOC is not smart at all, simply for recruiting reasons. It's much more beneficial to those teams than it is TCU. Big 10 schools are poaching DFW already, no need to make it any easier for them.

If we're going to drop SMU, I think adding Houston would make sense, or maybe one of the Louisiana schools (not LSU) although I know that is slim pickins. Our future schedules going out about 10 years are already filled with 1 P5 school, we aren't going to be adding another one.

Why we would play Houston? Same ordeal with them vs. SMU, too easy of a cupcake and a terrible L if it happens.

I’m sorry but playing Colorado or Duke and claiming that as a P5 team is really embarrassing, minor step up from Kansas.

The goal is to win a championship and beating up on those low caliber teams doesn’t help us. I do think we move to a non P5 scheduling limit in the near term, so we’ll have to play multiple P5 teams OOC and restricted to one FCS / G5

WVU and Purdue each play 2 P5 OOC this year

frognutz

Makes no sense. Who is not trying to poach DFW? You brought up LSU. So they aren't trying to poach DFW?

Casey T

Add G5 teams from Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, and Alabama.

Once we have room for more P5 matchups in a few years, I'd enjoy home-and-homes with Nebraska, ND, FSU, Tennessee, South Carolina, Aggy (unlikely, they scurred) and Florida. We could be favored in all of them with GMFP unless they have a huge resurgence.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
In a perfect world, give me home and homes with (in no particular order) Colorado State, Miami FL, SDSU Aztecs, Utah, Oregon and Rutgers since I gotta see NYC before I die.

frognutz

He's saying they have a better opportunity to poach when they play a game @TCU and invite recruits and show local recruits what their school has to offer.

Yeah, I got that. Although, admittedly, he did say NOT LSU which I read as LSU. Need to put on the glasses.

Although, I played college athletics and all I gleaned from the schools I was looking at was going TO the schools and meeting people. I think people over estimate the impact of recruits wandering around a stadium hitting on girls.

jake102

Would prefer to go Pac 12 and SEC.... California, Stanford, UCLA, Oregon in the Pac. In the SEC could go Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss State, South Carolina

The recipe is big name schools who are in prime recruiting territory who aren't really that consistently good.

Wexahu

Makes no sense. Who is not trying to poach DFW?

Everyone is trying to poach DFW. The point is we should go to Houston and play if we can because it will theoretically help OUR recruiting (although how much really is hard to tell). Big 10 country outside of Ohio and Pennsylvania has about 10% of the D1 recruits that DFW and Houston have, going up there is a nice trip to where its a little cooler but offers little else.

SnoSki

Aside from any/all the blue bloods, give me the Aggies, Utah, Washington, Hawaii (Home and Home for all please).

A season opening away game at Hawaii one week earlier than everyone else would be niiiiice.

froginmn

I'm pretty happy with the schedule we have played. I think beefing up our resume isn't a needed thing. There would be some cool trips to add a couple schools but the benefit is fan experience more than recruiting or resume building IMO.

LSU Game Attendee

Ags will do all possible to hold onto their streak from the meat on the hoof/ trans am/ fedex era + casey printers mattress mac bowl. Only way that abomination is getting addressed is at a bowl game.

ticketfrog123

I'm pretty happy with the schedule we have played. I think beefing up our resume isn't a needed thing. There would be some cool trips to add a couple schools but the benefit is fan experience more than recruiting or resume building IMO.

Outside of Arkansas, we haven’t had anyone decent come to Fort Worth since we joined the Big 12