• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Eight

Kill is a good coach. His health issues cost him some time at Minn. Seems like he has gotten a lot of that back under control.
If he wins out, why not give him a shot? He was Big 10 coach of the year in, I think, 2014.
Is he the type of coach who gets to a playoff? That, I don't know.

how in the world do you type above that tcu should swing for the fences and look for the candidate who is looking for championships and then you suggest hiring jerry kill if the frogs win out?

Mean Purple

how in the world do you type above that tcu should swing for the fences and look for the candidate who is looking for championships and then you suggest hiring jerry kill if the frogs win out?
how do you know he would not be the type to get to a champ? If he wins out, he's more than anybody thought. My point is ... take a look at as many coaches as you can. 4 days ago, folks here were all about Dykes. I'm for whoever can take the team all the way and do it the right way.
That was not a [ Finebaum ] team we beat yesterday. That was some great coaching to get those kids to fly around like that.

Eight

how do you know he would not be the type to get to a champ? If he wins out, he's more than anybody thought. My point is ... take a look at as many coaches as you can. 4 days ago, folks here were all about Dykes. I'm for whoever can take the team all the way and do it the right way.
That was not a [ #2020 ] team we beat yesterday. That was some great coaching to get those kids to fly around like that.

we don't for sure so we have to look at his history which shows a guy who has won roughly 60% of his games as a hc.

just find it interesting you want to tap the breaks on billy and don't seem to have the same reservations about kill when kill's track record indicates mediocrity over the long run.

additionally, we don't know how much was emotion yesterday, how much was addition by subtraction, and how much was coaching

Sebastian S

Who is on LSU’s list? Figured LSU will be fighting for him as well unless they think they can still get Jimbo Fisher?

Won’t be much of a fight, I figured it’s Napiers job if he wants it.

hiphopfroggy

We also aren't Texas A&M, Clemson, Bama etc...have you seen those facilities? Now that's big time football and besides what we did with our suites we are pretty subpar when it comes to facilities. When it comes to the level of the schools like the ones I listed above, and there are A LOT more, we just don't compare. Explain to me what makes us a "recruiting hotbed"
giphy.gif

Mean Purple

we don't for sure so we have to look at his history which shows a guy who has won roughly 60% of his games as a hc.

just find it interesting you want to tap the breaks on billy and don't seem to have the same reservations about kill when kill's track record indicates mediocrity over the long run.

additionally, we don't know how much was emotion yesterday, how much was addition by subtraction, and how much was coaching
Well, for starters:
Coaching to winning seasons in the Big 10 is a hell of a lot more impressive than the Sun Belt.
Not sure why so many are set on that we have to go after a Group of 5 coach as opposed to a Power 5 coach. Why not go after Clawson?
Why not the Pitt HC? Looking at Kill does not mean hiring him. But we should not settle for just group of 5 guys either.

BABYFACE

We also aren't Texas A&M, Clemson, Bama etc...have you seen those facilities? Now that's big time football and besides what we did with our suites we are pretty subpar when it comes to facilities. When it comes to the level of the schools like the ones I listed above, and there are A LOT more, we just don't compare. Explain to me what makes us a "recruiting hotbed"
What?

Nobody said TCU was big state U. No [ Finebaum ]. TCU has very good facilities. That comes from players, other coaches and pundits.

The new suites? Seriously? That has nothing to do with recruits. They are for the donors.

Recruiting hot bed. The state of Texas is considered that. DFW and Houston produce a lot of D1 players.

Paul in uhh

FWIW… Word this afternoon from University Dr. is that the Napier interview/review process has gone so well that he has moved up to #1 on the board and, pending a few outstanding items, it’s possible things could start moving quite quickly this next week. I think TCU believes they have a guy they like and could keep for a “long time.” As some of you remember from other coaching searches, these things move both slow and fast and, if you find somebody you like and there’s momentum, it pays dividends to focus your attention and get things done vs. waiting for the process. I get the sense we’re heading in that direction.

We shall see what happens…
I’d be just fine with this. All signs point to him being a great coach.

Latest posts