• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Endless Purple

I understand what you're saying though and certainly all of those things will help in attracting a good coach and help with recruiting. But we gotta start winning more scheissing games. This program hasn't felt very big time since at least 2017.

I'm optimistic that we'll get back to that point if we get this hire right.
I fully agree here. One game down, many more to go.

FWIW… Word this afternoon from University Dr. is that the Napier interview/review process has gone so well that he has moved up to #1 on the board and, pending a few outstanding items, it’s possible things could start moving quite quickly this next week. I think TCU believes they have a guy they like and could keep for a “long time.” As some of you remember from other coaching searches, these things move both slow and fast and, if you find somebody you like and there’s momentum, it pays dividends to focus your attention and get things done vs. waiting for the process. I get the sense we’re heading in that direction.

We shall see what happens…

Mean Purple

FWIW… Word this afternoon from University Dr. is that the Napier interview/review process has gone so well that he has moved up to #1 on the board and, pending a few outstanding items, it’s possible things could start moving quite quickly this next week. I think TCU believes they have a guy they like and could keep for a “long time.” As some of you remember from other coaching searches, these things move both slow and fast and, if you find somebody you like and there’s momentum, it pays dividends to focus your attention and get things done vs. waiting for the process. I get the sense we’re heading in that direction.

Interesting.

Moose Stuff

This is great news IMO.

Mean Purple

Maybe we should tap the breaks a little. I think folks may be surprised of the level of coaches that become available.
I dank near coughed up my coffee this morning when it became less of a rumor that some of the power brokers at Ohio State want to push Ryan Day out. How crazy is that?
Still, Day would do wonders here at TCU. So would someone like Tom Herman. Point being, get it right. Don't worry about the clock so much. Napier seems like a solid guy. Just gotta wonder if LSU wants him.

Gonna be a crazy month and a half ahead.

Mean Purple

So, Napier his a quality candidate. I think he has shown that.
But, when TCU is looking at him, are they also thinking he is the type of coach that could get them to the CFP, or is it just because he could be a coach here for a "long time"?
The word "championship" should be in realistic usage regarding who they hire.

Edit: For the record, I think Napier is the type of guy who is hungry to take a team to a National Title. And he has the training to do it. My question is more about what TCU is looking for. We should not be afraid to go for it all, and still do it the right way.

Latest posts