• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Dogfrog

Don’t know, but I think with a new coach it will take less time than it would have otherwise, because I’m very confident it was never happening again under Gary.

I didn’t suggest it was not time for Gary to go. Just trying to gauge expectations. And future expectations have to play a role in this hire.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I don’t think he should be a deal breaker but I’m still trying to decide how I should feel about him. He gets the job done and the results would be a huge upgrade over our current S&C staff but we all know the stories of the Waco Warden and his history as a HS coach so I just don’t know.
I respect your opinion and I partially disagree. I will be more blunt now. No one associated with the pool of poison that was Baylor should ever be on TCU staff.

Mean Purple

There is nothing wrong with Sonny Dykes. That wouldn’t be settling, that’s be getting one of the best coaches available, and just as importantly a guy that’s a great fit for TCU.

Also he already has an all star staff that includes younger Riley as OC and Jim Leavitt as DC (former long time USF head coach). TCU would be getting a lot for their/your money.
Leavitt still assaulting players at half time?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yep, seen plenty of that lately. Pretty sure they don't hand out that CFP trophy, or any bowl trophies, for a good presser.
That's what got us Sullivan. Great speaker...

I honestly don't care if a coach walks around in a Hawaiian shirt and swim fins. If he can run out a disciplined, prepared, focused, and hungry team each and every week, he's golden in my book.